First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Mopar True Beadlocks | 39s KM3

IMG_7414.JPG
Jenzeee...Nice ride. My plan is (has been)to do the same on my 2018. I currently have 2 inch spacer lift with 37 KM2’s on stock rims. Yeti track bar, adjustable FLCA’s, Fox sterling stabilizer, Mopar tail gate reinforcement for spare. It now drives really nice(straight) on the on road/freeway(drove like garbage from factory),also does well off road(Rubicon Trail,sand dunes,snow/mud).

My questions are:
What lift /shocks do you run?
How does it drive on road?(obviosly it is a beast off road)
Does it rub off road?
Rear tire carrier?
Is there an negatives something you would change/upgrade suspension wise.

I have always been a fan of the Mopar True Beadlocks BF tires. Now with the 39s KM3... nice.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Jeep Wrangler JL Post pics of your JL billet silver  aftermarket  wheels 198516E7-46A8-42FC-93F7-36E498FBFD3D

Last edited:

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Jenzeee...Nice ride. My plan is (has been)to do the same on my 2018. I currently have 2 inch spacer lift with 37 KM2’s on stock rims. Yeti track bar, adjustable FLCA’s, Fox sterling stabilizer, Mopar tail gate reinforcement for spare. It now drives really nice(straight) on the on road/freeway(drove like garbage from factory),also does well off road(Rubicon Trail,sand dunes,snow/mud).

My questions are:
Does it rub off road?
Rear tire carrier?

I have always been a fan of the Mopar True Beadlocks BF tires. Now with the 39s KM3... nice.

198516E7-46A8-42FC-93F7-36E498FBFD3D.jpeg
True beadlocks are now on with a few other goodies. Pretty happy about it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Post pics of your JL billet silver  aftermarket  wheels image

Last edited:

Sponsored

jenzeee

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

jenzeee

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

My questions are:
Does it rub off road?
Rear tire carrier?

Jeep Wrangler JL Post pics of your JL billet silver  aftermarket  wheels SmartSelect_20210417-081454_Gallery

- Teraflex Falcon 3.3 with 3.5’ Rockkrawler springs. I had the Teraflex coils but I found them too firm. With the triple rated Rockkrawler coils (and now Teraflex IR control arms) my ride is way more comfortable, and I love having the option to adjust it.

- very acceptable for everyday use. Not as quiet, light and efficient as the KO2 (coming as 39s in May), but very close and the thread design looks more aggressive. The KM3 is great for off-roading especially rock crawling (grip and enforced sides, which are important when you go below 10psi) like on the Rubicon Trail

Does it rub off road?
- I got the Teraflex IR control arm kit (more flex) and the 39s can rub in extreme positions, but no damages. On the road I had never rubs. However, I am considering a to add 0.5’ lift spacer in the back, and going up to 4’5’ Rockkrawler springs (they runs shorter than e.g. Teraflex)

Rear tire carrier?
- The Mopar Beadlock are a bit heavy but the KM3 39s is lighter than others in this size, e.g. Nitto. I have the Mopar reenforcement kit installed and the Teraflex tire carrier. No problems.

- As mentioned, I’ll add for sure a 0.5x’ lift spacer in the rear (Teraflex) and test if it clears then completely for crawling. Maybe I switch the springs to an inch higher if needed.

All in all, it took me a while to research and build it with the right parts/setup. Now I am very happy and seems like the perfect setup for me.

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
- Teraflex Falcon 3.3 with 3.5’ Rockkrawler springs. I had the Teraflex coils but I found them too firm. With the triple rated Rockkrawler coils (and now Teraflex IR control arms) my ride is way more comfortable, and I love having the option to adjust it.

- very acceptable for everyday use. Not as quiet, light and efficient as the KO2 (coming as 39s in May), but very close and the thread design looks more aggressive. The KM3 is great for off-roading especially rock crawling (grip and enforced sides, which are important when you go below 10psi) like on the Rubicon Trail

Does it rub off road?
- I got the Teraflex IR control arm kit (more flex) and the 39s can rub in extreme positions, but no damages. On the road I had never rubs. However, I am considering a to add 0.5’ lift spacer in the back, and going up to 4’5’ Rockkrawler springs (they runs shorter than e.g. Teraflex)

Rear tire carrier?
- The Mopar Beadlock are a bit heavy but the KM3 39s is lighter than others in this size, e.g. Nitto. I have the Mopar reenforcement kit installed and the Teraflex tire carrier. No problems.

- As mentioned, I’ll add for sure a 0.5x’ lift spacer in the rear (Teraflex) and test if it clears then completely for crawling. Maybe I switch the springs to an inch higher if needed.

All in all, it took me a while to research and build it with the right parts/setup. Now I am very happy and seems like the perfect setup for me.
Thanks for all the great detail. Very helpful.

Sponsored

jenzeee

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thanks for all the great detail. Very helpful.
Btw, I am considering to switch back to the KO2 when available in 39s which should be this summer.

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
Dirt Life wheels, 35 inch Mickey Thompson Baja Atz's and a 2.5"MC Dual Sport lift

Jeep Wrangler JL Post pics of your JL billet silver  aftermarket  wheels 20210403_091041

SDhobbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
17" Method Roost on 37" Stt Pro's

Jeep Wrangler JL Post pics of your JL billet silver  aftermarket  wheels IMG_0982