Sponsored

Post a screenshot of your average MPG here!

High or Low AVG MPG's

• Total voters

EssDub

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Firecracker Red
I’m super curious what I can expect. I’m super light on the gas and drive almost all highway, 55 to and from work. Even in my car now I don’t care the speed limit is 65. There no traffic and I just enjoy setting it at 55 and relaxing for 20mins.

I plan on doing a stock rubicon 3.6 manual. The Manual is rated at better highway mileage than the 2.0. The bumpers I’ve debated the steel vs aftermarket aluminum. I like the look (and price) of the factory steel but I don’t want to add weight.

the only heavy thing I plan to add is about 200lbs of Rock slid engineering step slides so my elderly parents and 5yr old can get in.
“DocTwinkie” I have a 2020 3.6 manual 4dr Rubicon with steel bumpers. Some miles off-road and in 4 low, no freeway where I live and frequently I drive in a lot of wind. This is my real world average as of today, since driving it off the lot. After break in miles I have not babied the throttle. Other than the drive home from the dealer, I have yet to take it on a road trip. This is mostly small town stop and go driving and 8 minute commutes to work. 1743 miles since 9/13/2019. I hope this gives you a pretty good idea of what you might expect.

41AB1B3B-7A9E-4B52-853C-372454578F8D.jpeg
Sponsored

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
“DocTwinkie” I have a 2020 3.6 manual 4dr Rubicon with steel bumpers. Some miles off-road and in 4 low, no freeway where I live and frequently I drive in a lot of wind. This is my real world average as of today, since driving it off the lot. After break in miles I have not babied the throttle. Other than the drive home from the dealer, I have yet to take it on a road trip. This is mostly small town stop and go driving and 8 minute commutes to work. 1743 miles since 9/13/2019. I hope this gives you a pretty good idea of what you might expect.

41AB1B3B-7A9E-4B52-853C-372454578F8D.jpeg
That’s awesome. Thanks!
I’ve been on this site for a year or so piddling with getting my Jeep when I turn 40 and lose some weight. Weight is going down. 40 is fast approaching. I have some hippie tendencies ans and a firm believer in global warming so i was torn between total shit gas mileage and the insane cost and reliability of hybrids and electrics but the mileage hasn’t seemed bad at all when driven lightly which I do. I set the cruise for 55 after leaving my house and 20mins later arrive at work.

This would be my commuter and weekend toy but for any jaunting around town that’s usually my wife’s RDX which we can get near 30 on.

Guilt has been eased. Lol.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Bet it that’s a lot to do with model. The rubicon gearing vs higher non rubicon. Me no lift running 35s drive it hard. In SoCal traffic. 14 to 16

Edorand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
13.4 on my JLUR 6mt with below mods

Udi

First Name
Udi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR 2.0L, 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk
I’m super curious what I can expect. I’m super light on the gas and drive almost all highway, 55 to and from work. Even in my car now I don’t care the speed limit is 65. There no traffic and I just enjoy setting it at 55 and relaxing for 20mins.

I plan on doing a stock rubicon 3.6 manual. The Manual is rated at better highway mileage than the 2.0. The bumpers I’ve debated the steel vs aftermarket aluminum. I like the look (and price) of the factory steel but I don’t want to add weight.

the only heavy thing I plan to add is about 200lbs of Rock slid engineering step slides so my elderly parents and 5yr old can get in.
If you want to save on gas, why buy the 3.6 and not the 2 liter turbo? With the 2 liter and your driving style you can expect to average 25 mpg easy. And don't expect the manual transmission to help you save on gas - the 8 gear automatic transmission is very good and efficient.

Sponsored

Udi

First Name
Udi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is after a day offroading in the mountains... I zero the trip when I fill up gas so this is the average after 148 miles going into the mountains, doing some trails, and back home.

20191021_092615.jpg

Visible15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
'18 JLUS 3.6L auto with minimal mods was getting 20-21mpg

Added the 2" Mopar and 35' KO2s; now at 16mpg.. almost regret the lift

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
I dro
If you want to save on gas, why buy the 3.6 and not the 2 liter turbo? With the 2 liter and your driving style you can expect to average 25 mpg easy. And don't expect the manual transmission to help you save on gas - the 8 gear automatic transmission is very good and efficient.
I drove the Turbo. I just really really liked driving a manual. The turbo for the rubicon also lost etorque and the mileage went down. So it’s not as good a bump anymore but still costs a whopping 2500 more.

What can I say. I’m cheap.

Udi

First Name
Udi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dro

I drove the Turbo. I just really really liked driving a manual. The turbo for the rubicon also lost etorque and the mileage went down. So it’s not as good a bump anymore but still costs a whopping 2500 more.

What can I say. I’m cheap.
Automatic transmission is a $2500 add-on to the 3.6L engine but only $1500 to the 2L engine for 2020 models.

Lil Red

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Because the state auditor certifies the pump, and they place their seal on it.
How often do they get audited? What are the tolerances for how accurate the pumps need to be?

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
About those Prius. They are usually in the fast lane where if you do that in LA they used to shoot.
I drove back from Oakhurst to San Diego. Heavy. Lead foot. Pushing 80 most of the way in a soft top 4 door rubicon with. 35s and stock gearing. The mileage calculator in the jeep was reading 16.1 to 15.7. However that is without re-flashing the computer in the jeep.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
My general behavior is one lane keep up with traffic. Two lanes I’ll go speed limit or a bit under. Generally my goal with 1-2 lane is I rarely if ever touch the brakes for someone in front. I’m moving just a bit slower.

Three lanes or more I’m doing 55. Traffic can wiz by at will.

In the unlikely event I’m going slower than traffic in hazard conditions i put on my hazards. Usually if it’s foggy, downpour, or snow all traffic slows down but if they don’t I have my hazards on.

I am always in the far right lane. I have no issues doing 80 or more but I’m just never in a hurry, mileage sucks, it’s loud, and I have to watch for police. Rather just enjoy the music and relax. To and from work it’s an extra 2-3mins.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
How often do they get audited? What are the tolerances for how accurate the pumps need to be?
Frequency depends on the state, and how it's laws are written. Most states require annual checks, though some do it bi-annual, and a few do it every 3 years. When you're at the gas station look at the auditor's sticker on the pump, it will have the year in which the certification was completed printed on it.
As for accuracy. Technically the pump is accurate to .001 gallons, but they obviously have an acceptable tolerance. Just like frequency this is dictated by the state code. The norm is roughly .005 per gallon max deviation. Meaning that if you pump 1.000 gallon of gas the meter will read 1.005 - 0.995 gallons dispensed in order to pass the audit.
For example: Let's say you only have 1/2 gallon left in your tank and the pump says you pumped 19.000 gallons to fill up. You may have actually pumped 19.095 - 18.905 gallons of fuel. So how does that affect your calculated fuel efficiency? Assuming you drove 380 miles on that tank, you would have gotten 20.0 mpg. However due to the pump's accuracy tolerance you may have actually gotten 19.9 mpg - 20.1 mpg.
So the accuracy of the pump could throw your figures off 0.1 mpg, or less. Not a huge difference, but it is worth understanding that none of the figures we get (hand calculated or via the computer's calculations) are 100% accurate. They're pretty close though.

#diesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
On a recent interstate trip to the Big Easy. 75 mph is tough on the JLUR aerodynamics.
69A8F6F3-E49E-4B72-BF3D-EC10F12CB533.jpeg
Sponsored