Sponsored

Post a screenshot of your average MPG here!

High or Low AVG MPG's

• Total voters

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
2020 JLUR stock 33” Ko2. Plastic bumpers but 140lbs of rock slide engineering step slides.
3.6 manual.

I’m getting about 19s generally but 18s this week with mostly city driving. When I’m mostly highways it’s low 20s.

CA301C88-4151-4C5A-8163-AC098F53A07C.jpeg
Sponsored

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Not calling anyone a liar but I think there is something wrong here. How do I get 14 and folks are getting 25. That isn’t just a little difference. I am an average driver. I tried one tank in full granny mode and it raised my MPG like 2.

I have to think some of these posts are right after resetting the screen and then coasting down a hill and grabbing the screen shot. If not that then I think the screens and calculations have to be wonky. I just can’t believe the same vehicle is that far of a spread.
I'm lucky if I even get 14, I'm almost all city.

I did hit 19-21mpg a few times, but that is all pure highway driving going on a 4 hour+ drive.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Not calling anyone a liar but I think there is something wrong here. How do I get 14 and folks are getting 25. That isn’t just a little difference. I am an average driver. I tried one tank in full granny mode and it raised my MPG like 2.

I have to think some of these posts are right after resetting the screen and then coasting down a hill and grabbing the screen shot. If not that then I think the screens and calculations have to be wonky. I just can’t believe the same vehicle is that far of a spread.

Also not questioning you but what I’ve found is the moment you accelerate even 1mph you drop to 10 or lower. What I’ve found helps is
1. Being the slowest on the road. Not just that going slower saves gas but also I don’t run into a slower car, have to slow down, then have to speed up later. My speed is constant and usually in cruise.
2. Cruise control. I’m generally in cruise most of the time. With cruise I’m usually getting 23-24mpg with it going up/down depending on road grade and regardless of speed.

I usually just set my cruise for the speed limit except the highway where I’m 5-10 under.

trav87

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

In stock form, my JLU sport was constantly averaging 26. 3.6 and 8 speed. Now I'm around 15. Had a 2.0 turbo loaner for a while that was averaging over 30.
It's all about driving style, weight, and speed. In the people's republic of Oregon, speed limits are mostly 55 except interstates and Eastern Oregon. Can't go fast enough to get bad mileage lol
I've done a couple week long trips across the Western US and loaded up doing 80 results in 12 mpg on flat ground. Mountain passes were worse.

YYCSahara

First Name
BDLL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T

My average is in my sig. It is hand calculated since May 2019. I'm just under the EPA sticker for my Wrangler. Pretty happy with it. I only put regular gas in it and I drive it very hard since I like the down low torque. I had a Tacoma before this and doing the exact same routes to work that was getting about 2 mpg less being driven way more conservatively because it was so slow in comparison.

Very impressed by this engine/transmission combo!

Sponsored

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
In stock form, my JLU sport was constantly averaging 26. 3.6 and 8 speed. Now I'm around 15. Had a 2.0 turbo loaner for a while that was averaging over 30.
It's all about driving style, weight, and speed. In the people's republic of Oregon, speed limits are mostly 55 except interstates and Eastern Oregon. Can't go fast enough to get bad mileage lol
I've done a couple week long trips across the Western US and loaded up doing 80 results in 12 mpg on flat ground. Mountain passes were worse.
I’ve been playing with 55-60-65 on highways and haven’t seen a drastic difference in mileage at those speeds. Above 65 it plummets. But 55 keeps me at a constant speed whereas if I’m doing 65 and come upon a slower car I have to slow down then speed back up and that speeding up seems to just chew the tank up.

my wife’s RDX is getting 21. I’m getting closer to that all the time.

oh. Another thing is sitting in the car idling. Wow does that kill your mileage fast in this thing.

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2020 Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
jeep milage.jpg

Pretty flat around here except for 2 80' bridges. Generally burn Plus gas.

Tyderian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0 Turbo
Clubs

Does anyone have a recommendation for an alternative to Fuelly? Once they were bought by aCar, it won't import my data. I have tried Drivvo, and a couple others but never got the results/ease of use as I had with the original Fuelly.

What does everybody else use?

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Does anyone have a recommendation for an alternative to Fuelly? Once they were bought by aCar, it won't import my data. I have tried Drivvo, and a couple others but never got the results/ease of use as I had with the original Fuelly.

What does everybody else use?
Notepad, mile trip reader, and a calculator.

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
Notepad, mile trip reader, and a calculator.
Wait, you mean write things down?!?!?

Hmm, Ok Google, ask Siri to see if Cortana can remind me how to use a pencil - I hope I have the right charger. Alexa, order me some stuff to write with.

Sponsored

Modeldude

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
2020 Rubicon JL Automatic 3.6, Stock Tires 18.5-18.9 MPG.

24-32 miles a day, basically city driving.

SGME9

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2020
Jeep Wrangler JL Post a screenshot of your average MPG here! 8EB2A902-4343-418A-BC28-5348BEFC5F23
This is what I get in town. I have KO2 31570R17 Tires filled to 37psi , run 85 octane gas and live at 6400 ft. 3.6 motor and 8 speed automatic. I also have all the heavy stuff, winch, steel bumpers and skid plates.
Sponsored

Last edited: