Sponsored

Post a screenshot of your average MPG here!

High or Low AVG MPG's

• Total voters

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
OP
OP
¤|||||||¤

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
OP
OP
¤|||||||¤

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
@higbyz

Wow, that ain't to bad actually lifted + 35s

However, this is not the norm as I just said had a 7 hour roadtrip one way.

20191013_103213.jpg

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Because they are driving in a more efficient manner than the EPA test standard. https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/how_tested.shtml
So tell me, what manner can you drive on the highway that will net you significant more mileage than others? You can account for maybe a fraction or two better mileage if you practice better techniques(smoother acceleration, shift earlier etc), from my experience it’s rather hard to get better mileage from just driving style alone. Since we’re talking about 7 or 8 better mpg here. This is something else.

At best, my Sahara 2.0 turbo with stock tires gave me around 20-23 mpg with a mix of city and highway driving. Even just pure highway I wasn’t getting anything higher than 23. And this was me just putting on cruise control and forget it. So I’m not sure what else I can do to get better mileage, I’m literally not touching it.

Last edited:

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
2 Door Stock Sport S AT tires I get 25~27 on the freeway. Auto trans pentastar V6, stock hardtop. I Got 27 on a 200 miles trip i did way back. next time Ill go on a trip ill ill record it and show it. I get 18~22 on city. I never drive faster than 75 and I am mostly at 70. You guys might be driving too fast or maybe carrying a lot of weight.

All of you just being jelous of some of us getting decent gas mileage lol, we arent lying.

I had a 2018 JL same specs as my 2019 but softtop. I got 23~25 on the highway with that one. about the same city

Oh, I use regular. high octane gas is not gonna give you anything. I am a mech. engineer with a grad degree, it is science. high octane does shit.

I always get better gas mileage in all my vehicles than the one in the sticker. it could be driving manners. my 2013 corolla is rated at 32 higheay and I get 40.

Last edited:

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
No that's not true...we all understand(obviously) larger tires, lifts etc get you less mpgs.

Point here is trying to figure out how some people are getting such high avg mpgs and fuel ranges.
It’s absolutely true that if you don’t post your specs then it doesn’t matter. If you post 23mpg and don’t tell everyone you’re in a bone stock 2dr turbo... that’s less impressive then a 4dr rubicon lifted with 35s, steel bumpers, and a manual.
Lol.

OP
OP
¤|||||||¤

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
It’s absolutely true that if you don’t post your specs then it doesn’t matter. If you post 23mpg and don’t tell everyone you’re in a bone stock 2dr turbo... that’s less impressive then a 4dr rubicon lifted with 35s, steel bumpers, and a manual.
Lol.
Yes I get it..not what I meant sorry

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Lol.
It’s totally reasonable to get 23mpg in bone stock. I’ve gotten that on my bone stock Sahara 2.0 before I modded it, driving purely highway with just cruise control. Foot off, set it and forget it. So I still want to know what I’m doing wrong to not achieve 28mpg like some are getting.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
It’s totally reasonable to get 23mpg in bone stock. I’ve gotten that on my bone stock Sahara 2.0 before I nodded it, driving purely highway with just cruise control. Foot off, set it and forget it. So I still want to know what I’m doing wrong to not achieve 28mpg like some are getting.
is it only you in the vehicle? Take some weight off and make it a 2 door. You could easily jump to 25. thats how people get goof gas mileage I think.

OP
OP
¤|||||||¤

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
is it only you in the vehicle? Take some weight off and make it a 2 door. You could easily jump to 25. thats how people get goof gas mileage I think.
Maybe?

But Jeep claims much less..y?

OP
OP
¤|||||||¤

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
So tell me, what manner can you drive on the highway that will net you significant more mileage than others? You can account for maybe a fraction or two better mileage if you practice better techniques(smoother acceleration, shift earlier etc), from my experience it’s rather hard to get better mileage from just driving style alone. Since we’re talking about 7 or 8 better mpg here. This is something else.

At best, my Sahara 2.0 turbo with stock tires gave me around 20-23 mpg with a mix of city and highway driving. Even just pure highway I wasn’t getting anything higher than 23. And this was me just putting on cruise control and forget it. So I’m not sure what else I can do to get better mileage, I’m literally not touching it.
Driving manner only goes so far I think.

In the real world you have to accelerate and stop according to your surroundings...you cant always be pillow foot.

....if they are, they are actually a nuisance driver

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
To further qualify my high average, I have a 3.6 manual, soft top, 2dr, completely stock. I accelerate with intent, but I keep it in 5th unless the engine is struggling. I don't use cruise. I don't exceed the speed limit by much except when passing, and I'm on either city streets or 55mph highways usually. I feel like I drive normally, my wife thinks I drive like a maniac.

On my recent 300 mile round trip (which boosted my running average by 4mpg), there were two adults and a child on board, no gear to speak of, elevations ranging from 0 to about 5000 mi. Mostly overcast with a couple patches of rain. No real wind. Temps in the 50s.

Edit: forgot to add, it's been mostly top on the last few weeks. Only a day or two with either sunrider or safari.

OP
OP
¤|||||||¤

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
To further qualify my high average, I have a 3.6 manual, soft top, 2dr, completely stock. I accelerate with intent, but I keep it in 5th unless the engine is struggling. I don't use cruise. I don't exceed the speed limit by much except when passing, and I'm on either city streets or 55mph highways usually. I feel like I drive normally, my wife thinks I drive like a maniac.

On my recent 300 mile round trip (which boosted my running average by 4mpg), there were two adults and a child on board, no gear to speak of, elevations ranging from 0 to about 5000 mi. Mostly overcast with a couple patches of rain. No real wind. Temps in the 50s.

Edit: forgot to add, it's been mostly top on the last few weeks. Only a day or two with either sunrider or safari.
Soft tops create more drag though.
Sponsored