Sponsored

Post a screenshot of your average MPG here!

High or Low AVG MPG's

• Total voters

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
But how? How did you get 28mpg? How.
My argument is, if someone can actually achieve 28mpg avg, why won’t FCA market the JLs as such, what are you doing that nobody else are to get those numbers? Is this repeatable?
I’m really curious to see the math behind it.
Ive got a manual... and 26 mpgs on flat ground with mostly low overpasses on a highway @60 -65 mph and a/c blasting is repeatable...and possibly even 27 , but 26 definitely. How ? The sport has good amount of overdrive thats how. The 28mpgs would be number probably achievable with no a/c whatsoever. Stop and go Street driving is a totally different matter and this is where the jeep doesn't shine. The gauge overestimates on mine ..this I figured out when I counted the gallonage upon fillup. The gauge would max out on some trips but i knew damn well it didn't get 30mpgs
Sponsored

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
Would need to get photos since I'm currently at work but I'm hitting about 21.5 mpg in my 2021 JLU Willys. Mostly highway driving where I'm located. Was expecting a few mpg less so I'm overall satisfied. My fuel range when topped off shows 400-430 mile range, but I'm skeptical this is accurate.
i once had my gauge maxed out on the mpgs and mine read 520+ for a full tank.

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
You understand my point though right?

Why wouldn't Jeep use those percentages then?

By bullshit, I mean not being completely honest with circumstances.
The models that get higher average are brought down by the averages from models like the rubi ..which have the tall gears hence the mpg numbers that they seem to apply
So tell me, what manner can you drive on the highway that will net you significant more mileage than others? You can account for maybe a fraction or two better mileage if you practice better techniques(smoother acceleration, shift earlier etc), from my experience it’s rather hard to get better mileage from just driving style alone. Since we’re talking about 7 or 8 better mpg here. This is something else.

At best, my Sahara 2.0 turbo with stock tires gave me around 20-23 mpg with a mix of city and highway driving. Even just pure highway I wasn’t getting anything higher than 23. And this was me just putting on cruise control and forget it. So I’m not sure what else I can do to get better mileage, I’m literally not touching it.
Again, 6sp manual sport here.. u have auto so... Mine most likely has more overdrive but apart from that a bit less weight. Cruise control is not as efficient as u might think. If I used cruise control on mine I would get less mpgs for sure. 60-65 seems to be a sweet spot for mine .. as soon as i start hitting higher speeds mpgs drop precipitously
Sponsored