Sponsored

Possibly buying 2018 CPO Rubi Unlimited today, what things to look for??

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
This is a very timely thread for my needs. We are considering selling my wife’s 2010 WRX and buying her a used 2018 JLR 2 door With 13k miles. I am going to crawl under it today and inspect it, but allegedly it was never driven off road. They are asking $38k for it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NomadicTaco

NomadicTaco

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
To the OP, did you end up buying the JLUR? If you did, what kind of deal were you able to get? Where are you located?

I’m in a similar situation, and found a very similar 2018 JLUR at a dealer close buy with almost the same equipment and mileage (even the same color). I haven’t gone for a test drive yet as their asking price is $45k on the website which just seems too high. Like yours, it would likely sticker for around $60k now. I’d be more interested around $40k but even that is a lot for a 3 year old vehicle that doesn’t have a bumper to bumper for 3 years, and my guess is that they wouldn’t come down to $40k. But who knows until I’d go see. Trying to get my head around the current used market prices which seem a bit nutty. Not sure if it’s because of stimulus money or what that things seem to drastically more expensive than they should be right now.
Yes I did get the Jeep. Ended up getting it very close to the price I wanted to pay. I am taking it to the dealership on Thursday to get the steering box tsb done.

I'm happy to have saved 20k+ on a new jeep especially considering the additional tax burden.

Also, if buying a CPO, you can purchase the "wrap" max care warranty from one of the dealerships mentioned on this forum for very cheap which is what I did. 1300 for the 8yr 100k bumper to bumper with 100 deductible. Essentially I have 5 years and 70k with little to no worries. (I know there are stories out there of warranty issues but I'll worry about that if that ever comes up).