Sponsored

Possible UAW Strike

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
I have been seeing that UAW has gone on strike at GM, but may also go on strike at Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep and Ford. My big question/concern is what will the build quality be like before UAW goes on strike for Jeep.
Sponsored

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
there is no reason to strike at the other auto makers they got contracts with them and they not closing factories and relocating to Mexico unlike GM.

Sponsored

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
there is no reason to strike at the other auto makers they got contracts with them and they not closing factories and relocating to Mexico unlike GM.
Our contract expired Sat night at Midnight. It was temporarily extended as negotiations continue. GM Went on strike first because they went first in negotiations. Don't be surprised if FCA employees go on strike when it's our turn

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
I have been seeing that UAW has gone on strike at GM, but may also go on strike at Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep and Ford. My big question/concern is what will the build quality be like before UAW goes on strike for Jeep.
Nothing has changed build quailty. Everyone is still giving 100%. We're just waiting to see what happens with GM.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I was reading about the GM strike. and a lot has to do GM trying to move out of country for there build lines. I find it funny that the government bails them out and they havent been paying back there debt and now they want to outsource. GM is in for a nice Spanking.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Fingers crossed all the FCA and Ford workers work out a good deal without a strike.

Sponsored

DatsunX3

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Sport S - Ordered
Our contract expired Sat night at Midnight. It was temporarily extended as negotiations continue. GM Went on strike first because they went first in negotiations. Don't be surprised if FCA employees go on strike when it's our turn
Any idea how long the temporary extension is for?

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
Any idea how long the temporary extension is for?
All we have been told is indefinitely.
What probably will happen is, once GM has a contract, either Ford or FCA will go next. When it's our turn and they will offer us a new contract, if we the union doesn't like it they will either keep negotiations open or go on strike. If the union likes what FCA has offered us, than they bring it to the membership to vote on. If the membership votes it down, they can either continue working with the old contract or strike, depending on how far apart we are on the negotiations
Sponsored