Sponsored

Possible trip to dollhouse?

Kllrbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hey guys,
Ill admit right off the bat that since I live in the midwest, my offroading is mostly muddin and logging roads. Never been out west on the rocks.
Anyways, got a chance to take a trip out to Utah in March with a friend to visit his brother and do the "dollhouse" trail. I never heard of it, but his bro says its pretty well known out there. If you are familiar with this trail, what is the level of difficulty? I have a stock JLR with bumpers and a winch. Thats more than enough for me here, but not sure about out there.
Also, I will probably only go out there once or twice with the Jeep in my life so Id prefer to do trails that Im going to remember, but also be somewhat scenic. Does the dollhouse trail fit that description? As far as camping in the middle of nowhere, Ive got plenty of experience and gear for that. Been doing that for years, but never in that type of terrain. Not all that concerned with that aspect of it.
Not even sure I can make it this time, but wanted to ask here for a little advice. That way if I CAN go, I can start getting some necessities together now based on any advice given.
If Ive been misinformed and no one knows WTF the dollhouse is....well...my apologies.
Thanks!
Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
You can do it in a stock JLR and it will be challenging and memorable. It's in Canyonlands National Park so there are park fees and you will need a permit to camp at designated campsites within park boundaries. However the NPs are surrounded by BLM land and you'll find a lot of camp sites right outside the park boundaries.

https://www.jeeptheusa.com/dollhouse-30.html

OP
OP

Kllrbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Thanks Reinen. Great link.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Oh, one thing to know about camping in this sort of terrain. You'll often camp on flat-ish solid rock and it can get windy. If you're tenting it, expect to need an alternative for tent stakes (rock bags) and have a sleeping pad suitable for a somewhat uneven rock hard surface. You'll realize very quickly that this is the sort of place where if your tent blows away it could be impossible to retrieve.
Sponsored