Sponsored

Possible to install the heated seat and heated string wheels from Cold Group?

Ali eshragh

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler moab 2018
Hi my Jeep Wrangler JL family

knowing we can order the parts such as panels with switches from Mopar
Is it possible to install the heated seat and heated string wheels?! Or the only option is after market?
Sponsored

BullittEV

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S, 2017 Corvette GS
Anything is possible.

That said, it all depends on if you want it completely stock or dont care about aftermarket switches. The heating pad would just go into the seat, so being comfortable with taking the seat out and the cloth/leather off. After that its just attaching the heating pad to an electrical source

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
Hi my Jeep Wrangler JL family

knowing we can order the parts such as panels with switches from Mopar
Is it possible to install the heated seat and heated string wheels?! Or the only option is after market?
There are a number of folks who have installed after market seat heaters, the steering wheel however is a different matter!

See here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jlu-heated-seats-module.59410/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-heated-seat-installation.39422/#post-1051873

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Everything is possible. It is a matter of how expensive and how difficult.

Mopar used to sell aftermarket seat heating elements for JK, so I am sure it can be done.

The steering wheel is going to be more difficult. I’d look for a heated steering wheel at the junk yard. Just be aware that you will need to retro fit all sorts of wiring harnesses and all that jazz.

Good luck.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Heated seats are not a big deal. I have had it done on a previous car. Took a couple hours for one seat at circuit city when they were around.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
It’s very likely you could lose less money trading it in on a new Jeep that has those features.

it is, however, totally possible to add the factory seat and steering wheel heaters, the control module, the dash panel, and wiring.

ob-one

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 00 WJ, 18 Challenger, 02&04 WRX, 73 FJ40
it is, however, totally possible to add the factory seat and steering wheel heaters, the control module, the dash panel, and wiring.
I am thinking of doing this. Do you have parts list? Somewhere in this forum it was mention that there are 10 different wiring harness for the steering column, I can’t imagine fca would do this. GF cousin is a dodge jeep ram service tech that could possibly program uconnect if needed.

I have 2018 jlur with remote start proximity sensor back up warning .....no cold weather or led package.....so which wiring harness is necessary to have to make heated steering and seats work with factory switch?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I am thinking of doing this. Do you have parts list? Somewhere in this forum it was mention that there are 10 different wiring harness for the steering column, I can’t imagine fca would do this. GF cousin is a dodge jeep ram service tech that could possibly program uconnect if needed.

I have 2018 jlur with remote start proximity sensor back up warning .....no cold weather or led package.....so which wiring harness is necessary to have to make heated steering and seats work with factory switch?
without a witech scan tool I believe it would be a waste of time.

At a minimum, it would take a new steering wheel, the heated seat module, the dash buttons, a software update, and some wiring. I can check later for part numbers when we slow down a bit.

Last edited:

ob-one

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 00 WJ, 18 Challenger, 02&04 WRX, 73 FJ40
without a witech scan tool I believe it would be a waste of time.

At a minimum, it would take a new steering wheel, the heated seat module, the dash buttons, a software update, and some wiring. I can check later for part numbers when we slow down a bit.
thanks for your help

we know someone that works at jeep service department that might be able to help with software update and programing

found steering wheel and dash control buttons and seat module.....don't want to buy them until I sort out if this can be done otherwise I will have expensive paper weights

Sponsored

PALIDN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2009 Chevy Corvette
When I was looking, last year, for a new JLU, I found a Sport S that Had everything I wanted except the cold weather package. The dealer told me he could not do the factory set up. He said they would install aftermarket heated seats for $600. He said he was unable to install heated steering wheel or factory heated seats.
At another dealer I found a JLU Sport that had the cold weather package, a left over 19 that I got a tremendous deal on.

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon 3.0L EcoDiesel
Occupation
Fabricator
thanks for your help

we know someone that works at jeep service department that might be able to help with software update and programing

found steering wheel and dash control buttons and seat module.....don't want to buy them until I sort out if this can be done otherwise I will have expensive paper weights
If you can figure this out and get it to work, can you share the Mopar numbers for the steering wheel and panel? I would like to add these options as well as the factory leather Rubicon seats if there's any way to accomplish a clean install. Right now I just have after market leather and heaters installed.

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
+1, I really miss my heated steering wheel from my other vehicle during the winter. I know DIY seats are easy but I'd love to learn what the steering wheel would take.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
This is my second winter with this Jeep and I’ve never once used the heated steering wheel. My wife sometimes heats the passenger seat. As a 33 year plumber my hands literally have to be in icy water to get cold.
Question though for the folks that want it. Assuming that your Jeep’s automatic as most are, wouldn’t it be less headache and cheaper to just put in remote start and have your Jeep nice and toasty when you get in?

Jsmeltz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I agree with the last reply. Have a new JL being built and the first option on my list was remote start. Getting cloth interior which doesn't get cold like leather. You start the vehicle from inside the house and the the engine gently warms up 5 to 10 minutes later, interior is warm enough.

Leather on the other hand, I would absolutely get the cold weather group. I've had and currently have another vehicle with leather and need the heated seats for the first 10 minutes until warm then shut it off.

As for the heated wheel, never owned one but have felt one years ago and thought it was cool, but no need for it. Cabin heats up fast. REMOTE START is my first choice for cold weather. It covers everything.

Needed to trim some fat and used the money for things like integrated navigation and the Alpine system which I really wanted. Threw in the anti spin rear differential (Better safety for them occasional snowy days) and can care less for adaptive cruise control or crosstraffic warnings. I have the back up camera and that's plenty.

I did screw up one item that's costing me! The rear hingegate reinforcement. Didn't know what it was and in my mind, it would "beef up" the gate hinges. Didn't do research. At least it looks cool! Just can't wait to take delivery in April...
Sponsored

Last edited: