Sponsored

Possible to add OEM heated seats after delivery?

rhill2901

First Name
Nobody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Did you have to change the clockspring for the heated steering wheel? Have any schematics or pinouts? I'm waiting on one more paddle for my paddleshifter conversion so might as well gather parts and add the heated part while I'm in there

I installed on a base 2019 jeep wrangler sport. I had added a hardtop and bought wiper and washer kit and the SCCM is included with that kit. If you have the hard top already and the controls for the rear wiper and washer, it could be possible that you have the correct SCCM. Easy way to check is pull the air bag and look. The connector for the heated steering is to the right of the nut holding down the steering wheel. My base JL had the connector but no pins. So I'm sure the connector is at least there. There are only 2 pins for the heated wheel. Since room is tight in the steering column, I would get the steering wheel harness from jeep.

BTW the clock spring is in the SCCM. you cannot install the 2 missing wires, you have to replace the whole clock spring. I guess anybody could do it if they were patient and didn't mind experimenting. But taking apart the clock to add the 2 wires sounds daunting.

Jeep Wrangler JL Possible to add OEM heated seats after delivery? heated steering wheel connector

Jeep Wrangler JL Possible to add OEM heated seats after delivery? wrangler jl heated steeri

Jeep Wrangler JL Possible to add OEM heated seats after delivery? CSSW Module C1

Jeep Wrangler JL Possible to add OEM heated seats after delivery? CSSW Module C4

SCCM Module C1.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

paclives777

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I installed on a base 2019 jeep wrangler sport. I had added a hardtop and bought wiper and washer kit and the SCCM is included with that kit. If you have the hard top already and the controls for the rear wiper and washer, it could be possible that you have the correct SCCM. Easy way to check is pull the air bag and look. The connector for the heated steering is to the right of the nut holding down the steering wheel. My base JL had the connector but no pins. So I'm sure the connector is at least there. There are only 2 pins for the heated wheel. Since room is tight in the steering column, I would get the steering wheel harness from jeep.

BTW the clock spring is in the SCCM. you cannot install the 2 missing wires, you have to replace the whole clock spring. I guess anybody could do it if they were patient and didn't mind experimenting. But taking apart the clock to add the 2 wires sounds daunting.

Jeep Wrangler JL Possible to add OEM heated seats after delivery? SCCM Module C1

Jeep Wrangler JL Possible to add OEM heated seats after delivery? SCCM Module C1

I transferred the panel with the seat controls from my sport s to my new sport. I enabled the dual zone with the tazer. I tried one seat, the plugs look the same, the big one. The smaller one with 2 pins is upside down from the other Jeep. How did you make the seats work? The dual zone works but nothing happens when I hit the heated seat button on the panel. It all works in the original Jeep obviously

paclives777

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Jeep Wrangler JL Possible to add OEM heated seats after delivery? image

image.jpg

paclives777

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The plugs above are the only
Difference I see they are upside down from each other but plug in

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
The climate or control stack is just an interface that has buttons using the CAN network to communicate with the various modules.

I did a post some time back on adding the steering wheel and heated seats. You have to build a dash sub harness as the wiring, comfort module, heating pads, seat harness, steering wheel, and clock spring all have to be changed.

New climate stack regardless of what you're doing although technically you can turn on the feature via JScan and use the climate control screen. You'll want the climate stack, it's easier.

For the heated wheel - comfort module, clock spring, heated steering wheel and its six total wires.

For the heated seats - the same comfort module above, heated pads for seats with a seat harness, and it's about eleven wires to for the dash sub-harness.

The heated wheel is easy, the seats are a bit more involved.

Sponsored

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
For the heated wheel, these are the two wires that most be added. The clock spring must have the two pins as circled in red. Those go to the SCCM within the clockspring for the heated wheel.

Jeep Wrangler JL Possible to add OEM heated seats after delivery? 20220509_155509
Jeep Wrangler JL Possible to add OEM heated seats after delivery? 20220509_155716

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy

paclives777

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Details for adding heated steering and heated seats. Every jeep is different as the newer models have more wires so the plugs are slightly different so you have to match each side of the plug contactors in the foot wells.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/heated-steering-wheel-it-can-be-done.93621/
What I don’t understand is where the wiring comes from for the heated seat module. My other gladiator has the harnesses and the module. The swap looks impossible to me.

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
What I don’t understand is where the wiring comes from for the heated seat module. My other gladiator has the harnesses and the module. The swap looks impossible to me.
Wranglers have many different dash harnesses and most do not come with those plugs. You have to build the sub-harness.
Sponsored