foofykid

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Tj
Vehicle Showcase
This started a little after i installed the Tazer on my JL. It seems like whenever i get wheel slip i get a malfunction warning on the stability control, stability warning light comes on anlong with that auto stop/start is disabled. If i shutdown and restart the Jeep it goes back to normal. I got 37's and my Tazer is setup to disable stop/start when i start the Jeep. Anyone else getting this error on the JL with a Tazer? I look and seen not recent updates for the Tazer im not sure what else to do.
Sponsored

OP
OP

foofykid

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Tj
Vehicle Showcase
Just plugged in my OBD2 scanner, no light on the dash but it pulled a u0140 Lost Comm with body module

boontis

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 2.0L
I don't have a tazer but I was searching this morning and found this thread. I had some weirdness happen over the last week...

- I used JSCAN to update tire size and TPMS settings about 4 weeks ago
- Did not leave OBD scanner/bypass plugged in - after I was done I plugged everything back in as stock
- this past Saturday I was driving down a narrow road and as an oncoming vehicle approached I got way over to the right in the snow where the passenger wheels were off the crown of the road and I had to turn the wheels significantly to the left to keep going straight. I had traction control off (do this all the time so I can have some fun in the snow :) ) - and all of a sudden I got the "Service stability control" warning on the dash - and the stability warning light came on.
- after 5 mins of driving on dry road the light turned off and I haven't seen it since.
- yesterday my wife sent me a pic of the jeep and the auto start/stop light was on - on the dash. She had not disabled it herself (she had no idea what the light was and was worried!)
- after turning off, getting gas, turning back on - the start/stop was back to normal with no lights

Anyways - just thought I would share as this may not be related to the Tazer at all...

I wonder if resizing the tires in general causes the computer to struggle with stability control? You'd think updating it to the actual tire size would help the computer as opposed to causing issues tho?

Sponsored

quester

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JLU
I have been having this same problem on and off for over a year. I've had Jeep service look at it twice and both times they couldn't find find any issue. The last time I left the Tazer uninstalled (about two months) until three days ago. Today, again I saw the same error (Service Automatic Stability Control). I forget the version of the Tazer I'm on, but I updated it recently.

I had thought it related to wheel slip since a couple of pervious times I was off road., but today I was on asphalt turning into a parking lot. Like foofykid, turning the Jeep off and back on clears the error display.

-Lee

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
To the OP, I have this also and don't have a tazer. There was another thread about this today and a lot of people have this issue. Someone included this in his post and took it to the dealer and after 5 visits of them trying everything but what is documented in this TSB they finally did and low and behold it was fixed....vacuum pump!

esc illumination.png

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I will say again when is FCA going to take it's head out of it's ASS! Do something about these fkn Dealers/Service Depts!

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Also there was another thread on this where more than one person said that it was a wheel centering issue and adjusting Drag link would set it straight and light would go off. Northridge had a similar suggestion but only if you had lifted your rig! The last thread on this clearly (for me) is the vacuum pump. I have been to the dealer and they say they can't replicate if the lights are not on. I pulled into the dealership with them on and had them look at it. They pull it in and turn it off... lights go off! I will show them the tsb when I go back. For me it started 6 months ago and continues to happen on my commute home then next day it's off so I have taken pics of the screen. K just wanted to give everyone the lowdown...yes there are many of us having this happen and no it is not Tazer related.

IMG_5382.jpg
Sponsored