Possible front driveshaft vibration.... but not above 60mph

Viper6791

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Hi everyone, my first post officially but have been reading the forum since I got my JL 2 years ago. So, I have 37s and a 2.5 inch lift. It’s a sport but I have rubicon axles regeared to 4.88. Recently in 4 hi I’ve had weird vibrations above about 40 mph and it gets more intense as I go faster. This is on snow covered roads by the way so not a driving on paved roads in 4 hi issue. Also present on paved roads to test though. My first thought is of course my front drive shaft. As you know the JL has a FAD so it makes sense it’s only there in 4 hi. The part that throws me is it miraculously disappears once u pass about 55-60. Does the FAD kick in at this speed? When I shift into 4 hi above around those speed, which I know you aren’t supposed to I was just testing it, it vibrates for about a half a second and then stops, seemingly going back into 2hi even though the t case shifter is still in 4 hi position. So my two questions are: is my hunch that it is the front drive shaft vibrating correct? And why does it seem to disappear suddenly above a certain speed? Thanks, Zach.
Sponsored