Sponsored

Possible For Tires To Move / Offbalance?

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
Long story short, running 35x12.5x17 KM3s on AEV Borahs with the simulation ring (non beadlock). Mounted and road force balanced about a month ago, maybe 3-400 miles on them and about a week ago started to get a vibration along with noise.

Took back to shop today, guy had to rebalance 1 wheel (weights were all there, none came off) and another tire is out of round. Of all 5 tires, 2 of the 5 KM3s are out of round. Unbelievable.

Wondering if anyone has ever had this - tire become unbalanced from normal driving after a road force balancing?
Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Not really. If you've been driving aggressively maybe tire spun on wheel - maybe. Mark 'em just for shits and giggles in case it happens again

But last time I had a similar experience on my SuperDuty w Coopers it was a broken cord/failing tire (only a couple thousand miles). Discount was actually AWESOME about warrantying it.

What sort of NOISE you mention??

OP
OP

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
The noise / issues were really the following:

- At higher speeds of over say 20mph felt more of a vibration, consistent though not a lot but was there

- I don't want to say it was a "thudding" sound but would say it was this but very faint, almost sounded like there was something stuck on one of the tires if that makes sense?

- At very slow speeds say 5-10mph just sounded and felt like tread was not riding the way it should

Right now 2 of the 5 tires are being replaced, I guess will continue to see what happens. Just weird I left the shop first time and no issues, drove great and this happened over the 2-300 miles.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Yeah that sounds like a QC issue to me.

What do your sidewalls state for COO?

Some Duratracs are now South America, is BFG 100% U.S.?
Sponsored