Not open for further replies.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
that is what I used to say until I test drove the diesel. I've never owned an automatic vehicle in almost 30 years of driving and I now bought an automatic.
I don't really have anything against them, I'm just enjoying the 3 pedals while I can. I had an automatic XJ in college and it was a very straightforward experience offroading. I tackled a lot with confidence. If I had to choose between a new automatic and a used manual, it would be a tough choice (made extra tough by the diesel). My current enthusiasm comes from the Ford Focus/Fiesta transmission fiasco. I couldn't believe I had an undriveable car with only 500 miles since the last repair and they refused to honor any sort of warranty on their work. Being in my 20's, I didn't think I could afford a lawyer and the time to seek satisfaction. My wife has a diesel Colorado now, and it is very nice to drive. I would still enjoy an automatic diesel wrangler, I'd just spend the money up front on axle shafts!
Sponsored

SteveTigers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe
I encourage all of you that get as mad as me about the political and off topic posts to start flagging them. If we keep flagging them, then hopefully those people will be completely removed from the forum if they keep it up. I’m here like a lot of you to get away from that crap.

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I also received the same email today. The 2.0LT is better on paper regarding torque and MPGs. Nevertheless, I ordered the 3.6L and similar to other folks in the forum here, did so because of proven reliability of the Pentastar and the fact that it is the only engine option offered with a manual. I really wish they would put a Cummins in the Jeep rather than the space-age EcoDiesel. Yeah, I understand that emission standards are a hindrance to diesels.
I would like to order a 2021 JLR w/o engine and put in a crate Cummins 2.8R diesel if not than I will just drive my 2018 JLR with V6 till drops and build back my way
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.