Possible end of V-6 for Wranglers? [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Their output is not as close because they are outnumbered by fossil. But in Texas, it provides about 15%, or maybe it was 18%, of the state’s need. Not at all bad considering it hasn’t been around near as long as fossil plants.

However, remember when it first came out how minimal it was? Now there’s home solar.

Computers used to be the size of small homes. Now most hold a powerful computer in their hand with their phone. It would be unnatural to think it won’t improve.

Burning fossil fuels will always produce negative environmental effects. And fossil fuels companies are investing in renewables. Don’t change with the times and the company will die. They are changing but people want to be stuck in an idea because it’s comfortable to them.

No, I will not provide studies. Y’all can look it up. And I’m not being nasty in that. My point is even big oil companies are diversifying from fossil fuels, and people want to name call, blame an administration, or believe the internal combustion engine won’t go the way of the IBM typewriters and phone books, or even educate themselves to what will happen regardless of wanting a V6 OR a Hemi.
Ah yes progress, like we used to look in a catalog and order American made goods from a department store and wait weeks. Now the department stores are closed, the factories closed and the workers out of work, but we can order Chinese garbage and have it overnight. Yep, definitely progress.
Sponsored

ScoobyBlue

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly 16JK Willys, now 21JL Rubicon
Ah yes progress, like we used to look in a catalog and order American made goods from a department store and wait weeks. Now the department stores are closed, the factories closed and the workers out of work, but we can order Chinese garbage and have it overnight. Yep, definitely progress.
Blame the business owners. More profit in their pockets if they go overseas because we won’t pay, or don’t want to pay, that much for goods. It’s a double edged sword.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, and I think Texas just proved that fossil fuels are going to be around for a good while to come, in spite of what the free bubble-up and Rainbow Stew crowd might dream.
dude texas is 90% fossil fuel, only 10% of there power came from green energy.. it's the natural gas plants that took down the system.. which is fossil fuel..

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
Yes, new technology takes over but greed in general is not a good student of history. Empires rise and fall. The V6 going away - I hear the niche of the TRX, Raptor, etc. are going in the opposite direction. Anyone want to venture a guess what the next Raptor will have for a motor? As for 2035 and no gas - I know I will just purchase used and continue on. Life is short and I am Happy. What are you going to do?

Sponsored

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
so i had the 4 banger.. and it's getting lemon lawd because of steering and transmission issues.. i was going to re-order the v6 but this convo because it's quiter and more of a known commodity.. but reading this makes me think back to the fact that it's quick and had no issues, and i got 21 miles to the gallon driving back from reno this weekend.. maybe i should just save the 1500 and get the 4 banger again

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
If next time I got to buy a JL I can’t get the V6, then I’ll likely buy a Gladiator instead.
you have found the loop hole to not only to drive a jeep but one with a 3.6. i'm in the same boat with you.

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
Seems all the Californians moving to Texas put you on the same Grid intelligence. LOL The wind blows and some parts of Cali go Dark. Went out 3 times on me last year with no wind or weather just a grid that isn't being maintained

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jetta, 2018 Discovery Sport, 2020 Wrangler Sport S (on order)
Lol, I also received the survey today:
What category are you?
Recently purchased a wrangler.
2 door or 4 door?
2 door.
Thank you, this completes the survey.

I guess 2 door owner opinions aren't important.

Oh, and FYI:
The image of the helicopter de-icing the turbine....
was from four years ago...
in Sweden...
A test of contingency plans in case the internal de-icing failed.

Originally posted by prominent Texas oil and gas consultant Luke Legate.
People are so full of shit when they're desperate to prove a point...

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
Turns out, the misery in Texas is coming mostly from fossil fuel energy sources, primarily natural gas, not green sources, which the governor would prefer to blame.
So look at percentages. What percent of power available to Texas during the peak demand and low availability came from natural gas, coal, wind, solar? Was solar and wind providing the most? Where is that data?
Looks to me like without natural gas (fossil fuel) Texas would be in even worse shape.
Jeep Wrangler JL Possible end of V-6 for Wranglers? [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS] elecReliability

Even the solar power is struggling.

solar snow.jpg

Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
ERCOT is a nonprofit. At least that’s what they just said ten minutes ago??

And yeah, CA should have problems with the federally owned forests....but it takes money to do all that clearing and brush burning and maintaining. But, people want lower taxes, and then lower and lower taxes. It’s not free, but one gets what one pays for. If there’s no money in the budgets to pay for it, it can’t be done. This is what taxes pay for, until there are so little taxes that’s there’s nothing left to pay....
Everything you said about forests is untrue.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
When power goes out in California it is California's fault.

When power goes out in Texas somehow it is still California's fault... :LOL:

befu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport, 2005 TJ Sport, 2000 TJ Sport
Have wranglers with 5.7, 4.0 and 3.6L. 4.0 is favorite. That is a jeep motor! Doubt it is coming back though... oh well. FCA and electrical is just a scary thought.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
dude texas is 90% fossil fuel, only 10% of there power came from green energy.. it's the natural gas plants that took down the system.. which is fossil fuel..
I think you are wrong.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.