• Total voters

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL
I am selling my Mopar Side Steps (feel free to buy) on Craigslist and got this email from a buyer.

My Spidey sense is tingling.

"Thanks for returning my husband message regarding the item, We are ready to purchase it now but i won't be able to meet with you due to my work frame and we are in the process of moving and also preparing for my daughter's wedding, But we are satisfied with the price & condition posted on the CL so everything is good, My husband will proceed to overnight a Cashier/Certified Check to you through FeDex and we will arrange for someone to pick up the item from you after the Check fully clear your bank. Moreso,we will be adding extra $50 to the asking price so that you reserve it for me and my husband. Kindly Email me the following information to overnight the check ..

Full Name to issue the check....
Address to overnight check.....
Cell # & the final asking price.....

Confirm the receipt of this email if selling to us and email me back with information needed to mail the payment out ASAP.

Thanks "
Sponsored

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I am selling my Mopar Side Steps (feel free to buy) on Craigslist and got this email from a buyer.

My Spidey sense is tingling.

"Thanks for returning my husband message regarding the item, We are ready to purchase it now but i won't be able to meet with you due to my work frame and we are in the process of moving and also preparing for my daughter's wedding, But we are satisfied with the price & condition posted on the CL so everything is good, My husband will proceed to overnight a Cashier/Certified Check to you through FeDex and we will arrange for someone to pick up the item from you after the Check fully clear your bank. Moreso,we will be adding extra $50 to the asking price so that you reserve it for me and my husband. Kindly Email me the following information to overnight the check ..

Full Name to issue the check....
Address to overnight check.....
Cell # & the final asking price.....

Confirm the receipt of this email if selling to us and email me back with information needed to mail the payment out ASAP.

Thanks "

Probably not a scam.

Sincerely,

The Prince of Nigeria

Sponsored

Sponsored

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
I am not even sure how the scam works but it was outlined in a warning from Craigslist when I posted something for sale once.

kmmn

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary EcoDiesel, 2013 JK Sport & 2014 JK Sport
I am not even sure how the scam works but it was outlined in a warning from Craigslist when I posted something for sale once.
They make a mistake and send too much money and then ask you to refund some of the money... They could care less about what you're selling

Coyne11

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon , 1989 Toyota Pickup 4x4 SAS Swap
Anytime anyone reverts to wanting you to email them I assume it is a scam nowadays. I have had a couple of these myself. Also I never do a money order or check from Craigslist.
Sponsored