Sponsored

Possible confirmation of 20th Anniversary in January 2023???

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Merchant Marine
@12psi So what do you think here… given the number of options that have been yanked (color options, tailgate reinforcement, 392, XR) do you suppose they’re stockpiling and do you think they’d really wait until January to announce a 20thAE?
I’m starting to believe the 20thAE might be imminent. But January seems like a long time to go with such a vanilla lineup.

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Whispers and rumors of the 392 20th Anniversary have been floating around since earlier this year, however, I think I finally have more solid information (or what I skeptically call a Definite Maybe) about the 20th Anniversary. Simply put, I am told that the ordering could take place in January 2023 with the hopes they can start shipping them out in March. While I cannot fully confirm this information, it is from an inside resource at Jeep.

There's a few reasons I think this is a stronger possibility to be true. Jeep takes away certain packages/options to conserve resources. It's mainly been the 392 that is the first to have options removed, like the XR as the most recent example. The 392 is also being taken away from the line-up from ordering sometime in November. They could be wanting to reserve some of the 392's material for when it is released. I think it could also be a possibility that we might get a 20th Anniversary in the 2 Liter or V6 engine options, with the V6 a more likely candidate. It's a small possibility, especially with all the info from around March/April this year that mentioned it would specifically be a 392. It would make sense knowing that the 392 will be removed from the ordering list in November. From an April news report, the 20th anniversary concept was reported to include 37's. So they may have pulled the XR to ensure enough resources for the lift and gearing it would need to have those tires put on. There was a bunch of interest and reports shared around that time, so it's not like there was only a few random articles floating around. We've also seen Jeep do special Anniversary Editions before, so it would be a little weird to not celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the Wrangler Rubicon in some way shape or form. I mean, heck, we even had an 80th Anniversary edition that was available on the Grand Cherokees for the 21 MY. Also, more recently, they had the Farout Edition for the Diesel Discontinuation, which was just removed in the past few days.

Again, this is just second hand information from a reliable source that I trust. I think I stated a few good reasons as to why it could be a reality, but I am experienced enough with Jeep to know that it's not real until I can actually see it available on my end.

So am I wrong, or do you think I'm right? I'd love to hear some feedback, and any more reasons as to why we may, or may not, eventually see an Anniversary Edition.
IMO I don't see a 20th Av for anything but a Rubicon and its never come with a V8, on the OTHER side of the Token it could make sense that the 20th Rubicon could be ported over to get the 392...but then is that the 20th Av of WHAT, well NOT the 392 V8, never had a V8 option in a Rubicon.

I can see this going either way depending upon WHAT the Marketing Team thinks. Will it lead to sales??? BUT what if they go 392 and and 4 door only, then what, w0th Av of WHAT?

Sponsored

OP
OP
12psi

12psi

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
@12psi So what do you think here… given the number of options that have been yanked (color options, tailgate reinforcement, 392, XR) do you suppose they’re stockpiling and do you think they’d really wait until January to announce a 20thAE?
I’m starting to believe the 20thAE might be imminent. But January seems like a long time to go with such a vanilla lineup.
It is imminent, but I'll be sure to start checking 2X a day for it on my ordering side. I heard it was January, but with them releasing Punkn it could be sooner. From the pics and all the concept articles back in April, it looks to be what they said it would come with. Even with the V8, it's still a Rubicon so it falls in line with the 20th Anniversary of it. We'll just have to wait and see exactly what they do, but I'll be here for any questions in the meantime and hopefully make an announcement with all colors and options.

23xr392

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
I find it perplexing that they would be hyping a 392 20th anniversary mid year run when they can’t build the 2023 392 sold orders they’ve already received. Still June orders that aren’t even scheduled.

And, if the 20A is a 392, do those with an order already in get the option to switch their order to the 20A?

If they’re “stockpiling parts” to build the 20A, what does that mean for all the regular 2023 orders that are standing in line.

Sure seems like they’re hyping something they don’t have the means to build.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Merchant Marine
I find it perplexing that they would be hyping a 392 20th anniversary mid year run when they can’t build the 2023 392 sold orders they’ve already received. Still June orders that aren’t even scheduled.

And, if the 20A is a 392, do those with an order already in get the option to switch their order to the 20A?

If they’re “stockpiling parts” to build the 20A, what does that mean for all the regular 2023 orders that are standing in line.

Sure seems like they’re hyping something they don’t have the means to build.
The concept 20thAE showed up back in April.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Merchant Marine

Sponsored

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Merchant Marine

Obi Wan

First Name
Obi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
starwars.fandom.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU SPORT S 2.0, 2004 TJ SPORT 5.3LS
Occupation
Jedi Knight
Here's my (almost) 20th anniversary Jeep.

Man i wish they'd bring back the TJ.
Jeep Wrangler JL Possible confirmation of 20th Anniversary in January 2023??? IMAG0770

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, 392XR, 981S, F430
In short, what the 20th anniversary concept vehicle had that may become reality, that’s any real difference from a standard 392 is:

• 37” Tires.
  • 4.88 Gears (This numerically higher gear ratio to compensate for the 37” tires).
  • Warn Wench.
  • 10” Uconnect Infotainment system/screen. This is also the updated version, Uconnect version 5. This latest version negates having to physically plug your phone in to use Apple Car Play or Android Auto. It’s all wireless now and of course has a larger 10” screen, vs the current version 4 Uconnect with the 8.4” screen. (That’s the main reason I do not use Android Auto! I do not like or want to have to plug / unplug my phone in each time I enter or get out of the vehicle.)
  • 20th Anniversary logos and badging.
  • Optional Black leather interior or Red leather interior, also having some minor physical layout changes beyond the color.
  • A revised front grill. This grill steps outside the box a little bit more, relative to what we’re all familiar with.
I may be missing some things, there may be some things that are not on the concept but may be on the 20th. I have been "studying" this Release and What Does it Include possibility since the concept was displayed at the safari. Hence, the above info is what I have collected via multiple sources, info that stood out to me. Basically, it’s my understanding that the 20th Anniversary Edition comes with a mid-cycle upgrade, or whatever it’s called in the industry.

Realize that the concept vehicle is just that. When and or IF there truly is a 20th Anniversary Edition it may include all the above and some, only a portion of the above, or there simply may not be a 20th Anniversary Edition at all. (My disclaimer so I don't get virtually attacked [again] by the sensitive trolls out there that seem to think that any discussion about this is just simply nuts and I'm spreading misinformation with my dreaming.)

My spidey senses tell me (with all the research I’ve done) that there will be a 20th Edition and it will include at minimum 37” tires with 4.88 gears. This to compete with the Ford Bronco Raptor that has 37” tires. I also suspect there will be a mid-cycle upgrade that will include a 10” Uconnect display & version 5 software.

Let's all be nice now, ✌
well that’s a bit disappointing if all that is true especially the uconnect 5. These mid year adds are quite annoying for those that order at the start of the model run.

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
In short, what the 20th anniversary concept vehicle had that may become reality, that’s any real difference from a standard 392 is:

• 37” Tires.
  • 4.88 Gears (This numerically higher gear ratio to compensate for the 37” tires).
  • Warn Wench.
  • 10” Uconnect Infotainment system/screen. This is also the updated version, Uconnect version 5. This latest version negates having to physically plug your phone in to use Apple Car Play or Android Auto. It’s all wireless now and of course has a larger 10” screen, vs the current version 4 Uconnect with the 8.4” screen. (That’s the main reason I do not use Android Auto! I do not like or want to have to plug / unplug my phone in each time I enter or get out of the vehicle.)
  • 20th Anniversary logos and badging.
  • Optional Black leather interior or Red leather interior, also having some minor physical layout changes beyond the color.
  • A revised front grill. This grill steps outside the box a little bit more, relative to what we’re all familiar with.
Wow, I didn't even know Warn sold wenches too. Where is that on their website? ;) Or is that Worn Wench? Not nearly as interested in that.
Sponsored

Reactions: AFD
Status
Not open for further replies.