Sponsored

Possible confirmation of 20th Anniversary in January 2023???

Status
Not open for further replies.

12psi

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Whispers and rumors of the 392 20th Anniversary have been floating around since earlier this year, however, I think I finally have more solid information (or what I skeptically call a Definite Maybe) about the 20th Anniversary. Simply put, I am told that the ordering could take place in January 2023 with the hopes they can start shipping them out in March. While I cannot fully confirm this information, it is from an inside resource at Jeep.

There's a few reasons I think this is a stronger possibility to be true. Jeep takes away certain packages/options to conserve resources. It's mainly been the 392 that is the first to have options removed, like the XR as the most recent example. The 392 is also being taken away from the line-up from ordering sometime in November. They could be wanting to reserve some of the 392's material for when it is released. I think it could also be a possibility that we might get a 20th Anniversary in the 2 Liter or V6 engine options, with the V6 a more likely candidate. It's a small possibility, especially with all the info from around March/April this year that mentioned it would specifically be a 392. It would make sense knowing that the 392 will be removed from the ordering list in November. From an April news report, the 20th anniversary concept was reported to include 37's. So they may have pulled the XR to ensure enough resources for the lift and gearing it would need to have those tires put on. There was a bunch of interest and reports shared around that time, so it's not like there was only a few random articles floating around. We've also seen Jeep do special Anniversary Editions before, so it would be a little weird to not celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the Wrangler Rubicon in some way shape or form. I mean, heck, we even had an 80th Anniversary edition that was available on the Grand Cherokees for the 21 MY. Also, more recently, they had the Farout Edition for the Diesel Discontinuation, which was just removed in the past few days.

Again, this is just second hand information from a reliable source that I trust. I think I stated a few good reasons as to why it could be a reality, but I am experienced enough with Jeep to know that it's not real until I can actually see it available on my end.

So am I wrong, or do you think I'm right? I'd love to hear some feedback, and any more reasons as to why we may, or may not, eventually see an Anniversary Edition.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jreycnc

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 3.6/AT JLUR, 21 392
Vehicle Showcase
Don't you tease me anymore I can't take it.

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Just gotta use a not local dealer lol
Not my local dealer!! They are the type that puts spacer lifts, cheap tires and wheels on Sports, puts them on prominent display and jacks the price up. Wanted “10 to 20K over” for a 392 (4-21 order) bought in the next town at MSRP. The service department is OK though.

JustinB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Ninja 650R, Jeep 392, Yamaha TTR230
"Whispers and rumors of the 392 20th Anniversary..." "...Simply put, I am told that the ordering could take place in January 2023 with the hopes they can start shipping them out in March..."

GOD I Hope So!!!!

I cancelled my 2023 XR order a few months back in hopes they release a 20th anniversary model.

Primary reason is for the possibility of having 4.88 gears but more so for an updated 10+" Uconnect system with wireless car play. And of course, any other little surprises that sets it apart from a 'standard' 392. Though, there's nothing really standard about a Rubicon 392!

We'll see...
🤞

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Whispers and rumors of the 392 20th Anniversary have been floating around since earlier this year, however, I think I finally have more solid information (or what I skeptically call a Definite Maybe) about the 20th Anniversary. Simply put, I am told that the ordering could take place in January 2023 with the hopes they can start shipping them out in March. While I cannot fully confirm this information, it is from an inside resource at Jeep.

There's a few reasons I think this is a stronger possibility to be true. Jeep takes away certain packages/options to conserve resources. It's mainly been the 392 that is the first to have options removed, like the XR as the most recent example. The 392 is also being taken away from the line-up from ordering sometime in November. They could be wanting to reserve some of the 392's material for when it is released. I think it could also be a possibility that we might get a 20th Anniversary in the 2 Liter or V6 engine options, with the V6 a more likely candidate. It's a small possibility, especially with all the info from around March/April this year that mentioned it would specifically be a 392. It would make sense knowing that the 392 will be removed from the ordering list in November. From an April news report, the 20th anniversary concept was reported to include 37's. So they may have pulled the XR to ensure enough resources for the lift and gearing it would need to have those tires put on. There was a bunch of interest and reports shared around that time, so it's not like there was only a few random articles floating around. We've also seen Jeep do special Anniversary Editions before, so it would be a little weird to not celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the Wrangler Rubicon in some way shape or form. I mean, heck, we even had an 80th Anniversary edition that was available on the Grand Cherokees for the 21 MY. Also, more recently, they had the Farout Edition for the Diesel Discontinuation, which was just removed in the past few days.

Again, this is just second hand information from a reliable source that I trust. I think I stated a few good reasons as to why it could be a reality, but I am experienced enough with Jeep to know that it's not real until I can actually see it available on my end.

So am I wrong, or do you think I'm right? I'd love to hear some feedback, and any more reasons as to why we may, or may not, eventually see an Anniversary Edition.
Thanks for sharing! I am hoping for a V6 version, maybe a deluxe version of the XR package, as I don’t want a 392. Keep sharing what you can!

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
Just look at the 10th anniversary Rubicon to save yourself from disappointment. I expect some cosmetic differences like they did then. If red leather is your thing, maybe you won't be disappointed!

Sponsored

OP
OP
12psi

12psi

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Everybody is holding their breathe