Sponsored

Possible benefits of Jeep offering a Hemi option...

TROYXTROY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubi
I wonder if now that Jeep offers a Hemi option, if there will be stock components available that will make a Hemi swap more practical/cost effective? Any thoughts?
Sponsored

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
Personal opinion here.

I dont believe that Jeep will ever offer the parts as a "swap kit." That isnt the business they are in and would be a complete departure from every automaker's business model thus far.

You can grab a Hemi JL VIN and go to your local dealer and order "replacements" for everything that would be required to do the swap but Ill bet the cost of that will be more than ordering a swap kit from one of the aftermarket companies.

OP
OP

TROYXTROY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubi
Personal opinion here.

I dont believe that Jeep will ever offer the parts as a "swap kit." That isnt the business they are in and would be a complete departure from every automaker's business model thus far.

You can grab a Hemi JL VIN and go to your local dealer and order "replacements" for everything that would be required to do the swap but Ill bet the cost of that will be more than ordering a swap kit from one of the aftermarket companies.
Agree. I’d never expect a kit to be offered. I do however wonder what it would cost to order identical parts for a Hemi transplant...

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Just trade in for a Hemi jeep. Ill bet itll cost 10k less or better than these conversion kits and itll be a factory warranty.

just let the “i cant wait“ crowd have at it for a year first and let demand calm down.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I wonder if now that Jeep offers a Hemi option, if there will be stock components available that will make a Hemi swap more practical/cost effective? Any thoughts?
The 392 is a completely different animal than most of the other JL/JLU platforms. I'm sure it's possible to "build one" with all the components (Either from a donor or from a catalog), it's just not practical.

But if you're like me, and say "F#$% practicality, this is what I want" You might be better off just going to one of the conversion shops and getting their kits, then sourcing your choice for an engine/transmission. That's kind of what I've been researching in my spare time/ fever dreams: v8 Swap on my manual JLUR where I retain the manual transmission. If you're concerned about cost or how quickly you can turn it around, I've got bad news for you; but if, like me, you're also focused on the end product, well... let's just say there is a certain appeal.

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
The only benefit I could possibly see is for DIY type swap and some unique stuff coming from it. For example, rear ended 392 bought for parts to be swapped into a 2 door or even a Gladiator.
Sponsored