Sponsored

Positive outcomes of mopar 2 inch lift kit

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
My 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL 2Dr is a month old and I’m overwhelmed by all that’s involved in lifting your Jeep.

This is a daily driver for me, so don’t want to go crazy. However I do want 35” and a couple inches of lift for some casual off roading...I willl not be doing any significant rock climbing. :)

I prefer to stick with OEM but if that means fixing flaws on the OEM 2” kit then I need to rethink things and look at third party solutions.

Any recommendations for a 35” kit that preserves road handling? Hoping to avoid going overboard on costs due to “oh that kit requires additional parts”.
Not so much flaws but additional parts. Other kits may come with these parts or you'll have to buy them anyway with kits that don't.

If you don't plan on doing much, go with the Rough Country spacer lift. Add their front track bar and Rubicon Express geometry brackets. About $450 total and it will maintain your stock suspension parts and ride quality.
Sponsored

Last edited:

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I fully expect to have a positive outcome with the Mopar kit, I have the newest version on order (77072396AD_FS) for my 2-door JLR. It should arrive later this week and I will post what changes-if any, are in this latest version. I also plan to add adjustable LCR's, adjustable front track bar and rear track bar relocation bracket. You do not have to have these additional items, it's just I am pretty picky about how my rigs drive/handle and these additional upgrades should make a noticeable difference. I am going for a LCG build, love the 2.5 Fox shocks and already upgraded to 35" BFG KO2's...this combo should be ideal for me!

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
Did you sell your Mopar lift? I have been looking for a set of the Mopar lift Fox shocks (or a whole kit) but seems there are not many out there used. I am looking at a few options for my Rubicon, but looking to stay on the cheaper shade for now as I will most likely be selling / trading in my Rubicon this year. I want to stick with Mopar parts for that reason
just listed https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-fenders-jlu-d44-mopar-lift-ect.44951/

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
Mopar lift has been fine for me both on and off road. Have rk front spring perches, rc front adjustable track bar and super lift rear track bar bracket. About $1330 total in to it. Shocks alone are worth it.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Mopar lift has been fine for me both on and off road. Have rk front spring perches, rc front adjustable track bar and super lift rear track bar bracket. About $1330 total in to it. Shocks alone are worth it.
I don’t speak Greek but the Mopar 2” lift is looking like the right choice, after a few hundred is added to miss some misc gaps?

Sponsored

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
I don’t speak Greek but the Mopar 2” lift is looking like the right choice, after a few hundred is added to miss some misc gaps?
Rough country front adjustable track bar, many other options as well, rock krawler front spring perch pads and super lift rear track bar bracket. If you need/want part numbers just let me know.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Even if you add an adjustable track bar, spring perches, and geo brackets/lower arms you come in way under a Metal Cloak kit. Additionally you get much better shocks and no hassle from the dealership when they see it is a mopar kit.
Lol. Much better shocks if you prefer much less travel.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
My 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL 2Dr is a month old and I’m overwhelmed by all that’s involved in lifting your Jeep.

This is a daily driver for me, so don’t want to go crazy. However I do want 35” and a couple inches of lift for some casual off roading...I willl not be doing any significant rock climbing. :)

I prefer to stick with OEM but if that means fixing flaws on the OEM 2” kit then I need to rethink things and look at third party solutions.

Any recommendations for a 35” kit that preserves road handling? Hoping to avoid going overboard on costs due to “oh that kit requires additional parts”.
Contrary to several opinions here, you won't find better on and off road handling than with Metalcloak or Rock Krawler.

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Lol. Much better shocks if you prefer much less travel.
Partially true. The fronts have the exact travel length as the Fox 2.0 2-3” lift shocks, and the rear are about 3/4” shorter than the 2-3” lift shocks. But are much better at 2.5 and the ride is superior. Very much in line for 2-3” of lift. It’s really too bad they don’t sell them separately from the Mopar kit. They would sell like crazy.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Partially true. The fronts have the exact travel length as the Fox 2.0 2-3” lift shocks, and the rear are about 3/4” shorter than the 2-3” lift shocks. But are much better at 2.5 and the ride is superior. Very much in line for 2-3” of lift. It’s really too bad they don’t sell them separately from the Mopar kit. They would sell like crazy.
You're comparing Fox shocks to Fox shocks. The shocks from RK and Metalcloak afford you much more travel than the Fox options.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
You're comparing Fox shocks to Fox shocks. The shocks from RK and Metalcloak afford you much more travel than the Fox options.
That may be true, but for an extended length shock they are just right for a 2-3" lift. I also think the MC and RK shocks are probably a terrific choice, but most will choose the Fox due to it being one of the market standards. This is the reason I used the comparison. The vast majority will not use MC or RK, except those that have used their corresponding kits.

They also cant be that much longer because just looking at RK's JL Xfactor 2.5 lift kit, they have a maximum extended length recommendations of..

Shock Notes:
Generic Front Shock Length – 16 inch Collapsed/ 27.5 inch Maximum Extended
Generic Rear Shock Length – 17 inch Collapsed/ 29.5 inch Maximum Extended
http://rockkrawler.com/jlu-2-5-inch-x-factor/

So in closing, they might be a bit longer but for the vast majority the difference is negligible unless you're ordering race shocks at certain lengths. Which is a whole other discussion.

Last edited:

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLUR 3.0 EcoDiesel received 3/6/20
I fully expect to have a positive outcome with the Mopar kit, I have the newest version on order (77072396AD_FS) for my 2-door JLR. It should arrive later this week and I will post what changes-if any, are in this latest version. I also plan to add adjustable LCR's, adjustable front track bar and rear track bar relocation bracket. You do not have to have these additional items, it's just I am pretty picky about how my rigs drive/handle and these additional upgrades should make a noticeable difference. I am going for a LCG build, love the 2.5 Fox shocks and already upgraded to 35" BFG KO2's...this combo should be ideal for me!
If you don't mind. Where did you order it from and for how much?
Sponsored