Positive outcomes of mopar 2 inch lift kit

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Warranty?
What about it? If it's a MC part I can buy another. If it's a Jeep issue that's unrelated I will be okay. My service peeps have said as much.

I've seen the Mopar lifts they put on Jeeps. Wouldn't go near them.
Sponsored

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Even if you add an adjustable track bar, spring perches, and geo brackets/lower arms you come in way under a Metal Cloak kit. Additionally you get much better shocks and no hassle from the dealership when they see it is a mopar kit.
It's not way under, it's a couple hundred bucks if you don't do the drive shaft. The MC comes with a lot more to start with.

You have to be happy with your rig. In the end I didn't think I'd be happy with the Mopar lift. I bought the MC with drive shaft. My Jeep dealer installed it. I'm happy.

IMG_7309.jpg

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
what does your post have to do with the OP's thread. Are you a troll looking to stir up some shit? You do know you can get a Mopar for $1100 and MC is twice as much $ right.
Calm your tits dude. But you are correct that it's off topic. I will take my leave.

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
I had no issues before the Mopar lift. The ride after the lift improved both on and off road due to the better shocks IMHO.
I wasn't aware of the track bar requirements until I replaced my wheels and noticed them sticking out way further on the drivers side! Relocation bracket for the rear and adjustable bar in the front cured it! 14k miles and still rides beautifully.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
It's not way under, it's a couple hundred bucks if you don't do the drive shaft. The MC comes with a lot more to start with.

You have to be happy with your rig. In the end I didn't think I'd be happy with the Mopar lift. I bought the MC with drive shaft. My Jeep dealer installed it. I'm happy.

IMG_7309.jpg
About $1,100 difference.

Mopar kit $1,100
RC track bar $140
RE geo brackets $100
RK perches $30

Total: $1370
MC Game Changer: $2500

Sponsored

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
About $1,100 difference.

Mopar kit $1,100
RC track bar $140
RE geo brackets $100
RK perches $30

Total: $1370
MC Game Changer: $2500
I dont have the Game Changer I have the True Dual Rate, I should have been more clear. Not trying to get pissy. The 2.5 True Dual by MC is $1714 without the front drive shaft replacement.

MC snip.PNG

Mopar lift.PNG

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I dont have the Game Changer I have the True Dual Rate, I should have been more clear. Not trying to get pissy. The 2.5 True Dual by MC is $1714 without the front drive shaft replacement.

MC snip.PNG

Mopar lift.PNG
Why do you even need a lift on a mall cruiser? Alligators

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps

MC snip.PNG

Mopar lift.PNG
Oh ok. That is definitely more of an even comparison.

I'd say the Mopar kit comes with much better shocks but the MC kit comes with a rear track bar and some adjustment with the front arms which is nice.

I think either would suit the majority of buyers needs/wants.

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

MC snip.PNG

Mopar lift.PNG
You said you added the frt. driveshaft so the total is more than $1714, correct.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Calm your tits dude. But you are correct that it's off topic. I will take my leave.
You didn’t take your leave and posted a misleading price for the lift you installed. Have you ever even wheeled your mall cruise with this MC lift ? Why did you post on this thread ?

Last edited:

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
You didn’t take your leave and posted a misleading price for the lift you installed. Have ever even wheeled your mall cruise with this MC lift ? Why did you post on this thread ?
I like this guy.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks to all for the input. Sounds to me the mopar kit is good quality, but enhancements are needed to obtain acceptable performance.
My 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL 2Dr is a month old and I’m overwhelmed by all that’s involved in lifting your Jeep.

This is a daily driver for me, so don’t want to go crazy. However I do want 35” and a couple inches of lift for some casual off roading...I willl not be doing any significant rock climbing. :)

I prefer to stick with OEM but if that means fixing flaws on the OEM 2” kit then I need to rethink things and look at third party solutions.

Any recommendations for a 35” kit that preserves road handling? Hoping to avoid going overboard on costs due to “oh that kit requires additional parts”.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
My 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL 2Dr is a month old and I’m overwhelmed by all that’s involved in lifting your Jeep.

This is a daily driver for me, so don’t want to go crazy. However I do want 35” and a couple inches of lift for some casual off roading...I willl not be doing any significant rock climbing. :)

I prefer to stick with OEM but if that means fixing flaws on the OEM 2” kit then I need to rethink things and look at third party solutions.

Any recommendations for a 35” kit that preserves road handling? Hoping to avoid going overboard on costs due to “oh that kit requires additional parts”.
A 2" spacer kit with shock extensions (or a set of longer shocks) would suit your needs as you've explained them, quite nicely. Easy, quick install.
Sponsored