Positive outcomes of mopar 2 inch lift kit

1. Coach53

Coach53 Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 jeep JL sport, 1999 TJ
    Liked:
    Retired
    I have a 2018 JL Sport that I would like to lift with the mopar 2" lift kit. I have read the posts in the suspension section and really only see issues with bowed springs, death wobble, bump steering and rear end float. I have had all those issues on older YJ's and TJ's but only when I went over 3.5 inches of lift.
    I would like to hear from anyone that has a 2" mopar lift on their JL with positive outcomes. I have to assume the majority of the 2" lifts have no issues but would like to hear some support in favor of the kit.

2. Carlton

Carlton Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Jeeps lots of jeeps
    Liked:
    Most people are getting 3+ inches from the mopar 2" kit.

It is actually a great riding kit if you add some additional parts. Adjustable front track bar, Rock Krawler front spring perches, and geometry brackets.

3. Halstem1

Halstem1 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    Liked:
    I had an issue but it was an install issue. I agree with the above guys though, I added my own Rancho track bars front and rear (350$) and I love the lift. I came from a '17 JK strait to a lifted JL (the dealer lifted it before I purchased). I think it rides better than my '17 but very similar to stock. Loaded up it doesn't sag in the back. 10,000 miles and still feels awesome.

4. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLR Bikini Turbo on 37’s /2018 Ram Power Wagon On 37’s
    Liked:
    Mine is terrific.

5. AnnDee4444

AnnDee4444 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Jeep
    Liked:
    I don't own the Mopar lift kit, but my advice is to break it down by component. From what I've read, the shocks are great, but don't have enough travel for the lift that the kit gives. I would think that they are better suited to an actual 2" lift. In my opinion the control arms are not long enough to provide adequate caster either, but this is more of a personal preference. Some of the (early?) kits suffered from spring bowing.

At the end of the day, the majority of the cost of the Mopar kit is in the shocks. The springs & control arms are not the expensive portion of the kit, so I wouldn't feel that bad about throwing one or the other away and choosing the kit just for the shocks (as long as the price was right). FWIW: A true 2" spring would help the caster issues & shock length issues that the kit has.

word302 and Roky like this.
  6. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLR Bikini Turbo on 37’s /2018 Ram Power Wagon On 37’s
    Liked:
    Also something to realize is the shocks are plenty long enough. They are fine for a 2" lift. If I recall, they are the same extended length as the fox 2.0 for 2-3" lifts. Almost all aftermarket springs are built to hold heavy accessories, like winches, bumpers etc. Many times the dealers who ordered and installed them are idiots. They ordered the wrong spring kits for the wrong applications. Like 4 door springs on two doors and Rubi springs on sports. The Mopar lower control arms that come with the kit are plenty long enough for the correct kit. Lots of misinformation out there to sift through. I did install the RK correction pads. The springs weren't bowing but since I installed MC bumpstops, I figured why not.

All that said and I know you didn't ask for my opinion, for the money I would be on the Synergy bandwagon, before the Mopar kit. Yes, you will spend a bit more because of shocks but the rest is worth it. I will say the Mopar shocks are the best riding shocks in this category. For the money though, Synergy all day. A correct Mopar kit will serve you well if that's what you choose.

MNWrangx2 likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Coach53

Coach53 Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 jeep JL sport, 1999 TJ
    Liked:
    Retired
    Thanks to all for the input. Sounds to me the mopar kit is good quality, but enhancements are needed to obtain acceptable performance.

donmontalvo and Roky like this.
  8. sourdough

sourdough Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ben
    Vehicle(s):
    Golf, Highlander,Ram3500 diesel 4x4 with Tiger RV coach, JLR
    Liked:
    done BTDT
    Garage Profiles:
    #8 Jan 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    Yesterday, I had my JLR with 37's and Mopar lift on MetalCloaks flex trailer. I was concerned having heard about overfex resulting in brake line, shock, and steering issues. Happy to report MC rep. found no issues of any kind.
    JLR flexed frt..jpeg
    The shocks and bump stops are right. Tires have clearance, brake lines are fine and the SteerSmart track bar and Synergy T.B./sector shaft brace plays together.
    JLR flexd rear.jpeg
    I have had to stuff wheels on several trails and it's good to verify nothing hits or rubs.
    Mopar lift flex.jpg

9. Cypher

Cypher Well-Known Member

First Name:
    J
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    Liked:
    Cybersecurity Leader
    Garage Profiles:
    What kind of numbers did you get?

10. Cypher

Cypher Well-Known Member

First Name:
    J
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Cybersecurity Leader
    Garage Profiles:
    Did you sell your Mopar lift? I have been looking for a set of the Mopar lift Fox shocks (or a whole kit) but seems there are not many out there used. I am looking at a few options for my Rubicon, but looking to stay on the cheaper shade for now as I will most likely be selling / trading in my Rubicon this year. I want to stick with Mopar parts for that reason

11. Canyonero JL

Canyonero JL Active Member

First Name:
    Krusty
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Jeep Rubicon JL Unlimited
    Liked:
    I love my Mopar kit (for the 2.0L unlimited). Only word or advice is to double check your spring location for each wheel. The springs are different, as I believe the springs on the left side of the Jeep are slightly longer than the right, to account for the fact that the left side of the Jeep is slightly heavier (gas tank, maybe?). This info is in the Mopar instructions.

12. Cypher

Cypher Well-Known Member

First Name:
    J
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Cybersecurity Leader
    Garage Profiles:
    Need something different. I have an artificial knee and the implant has failed. Due to that I am not able to get out and use the Rubicon like I planned. Even after I have the revision, it will be tough for me to do the harder stuff anymore. My plan is to get something a little more comfortable (hopefully the Bronco) that can do what I need while also being much more comfortable on long highway trips. May also swap back to another Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. I loved my old one, and it would also do what I need it to do. With that Grand Cherokee Trailhawk the hard part will be wait for the redesign or not, and go with the Hemi or Diesel. As of now I would go with the Hemi as it is much simpler and should be easier to maintain. My JL (current one) is a 2020, so can't get much newer than that. My 2018 and 2019 were both repurchased.

Roky likes this.
  13. Jimmy_jak

Jimmy_jak Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLU Sport S
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Went Metalcloak over Mopar because it makes sense. If I have to buy more parts to make the Mopar kit work then what's the point

word302 likes this.
  14. Carlton

Carlton Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Jeeps lots of jeeps
    Liked:
    Even if you add an adjustable track bar, spring perches, and geo brackets/lower arms you come in way under a Metal Cloak kit. Additionally you get much better shocks and no hassle from the dealership when they see it is a mopar kit.

Lensync58, sourdough and Cypher like this.
  15. AnnDee4444

AnnDee4444 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Jeep
    Liked:
    Warranty?