Sponsored

Positive Dealer Service Experience

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
V41RecallOilChangeTireRotation.jpg
With all the negative dealer service experiences on here. I thought I'd post my positive experience.

I had my V41 damper recall done today, so I decided to have my oil changed and tires rotated while my JLUR was there.
The dealer filled the oil to the correct level (5 Quarts) and even asked if I wanted my spare rotated in the tire rotation (my spare has a slow leak, so I decided not (they would have patched it, but were out of patches)). They were busy, but I was out the door in 1 1/2 hours (not bad).

They even know not to add air to my tires (chalk tested @ 30psi).
Sponsored

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Good thread.
I also had a great experience while having a Jeep wave oil change. The service contact asked if I wanted a tire rotation which in declined due to just having my tires installed.
I’m not one that Let’s others touch my vehicle for service ever. But the Jeep wave is free. My dealer has a huge glass wall so you can watch the tech do your oil change. and I did. The tech did a great job. Very happy.
the dealer here in AZ is Bill Luke on camelback. I have worked with them quite a bit over the last 10 years and the fact that I. Still coming back says a lot.

Last edited:

Grooster

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Cherokee Latitude
Occupation
IT Director
I can easily echo the positive experience with Jeep Wave and my local dealer, Parks Motors in Augusta, KS. I'm in and out in an hour. Everything is covered and updated as needed. Heck, they even took me around to show off some of their new and used Jeeps to get my opinion. I'm coming up on a year of ownership so I expect they'll begin the "time to trade" song and dance but like the service department, sales is no hassle. Thumbs up here!

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Great thread!
I've had mine at dealer doing oil changes and v41 recall. All visits have been with no appt. Haven't had a bad experience yet. Total 8 visits to Valencia CDJR. I got the Jeep wave changes and I bought 24 oil changes for $300.00. I can't change the oil myself for that price. They did overfill it the first time. Me and the service manager friend of mine checked it before I drive off and they took a little over a quart out. After that, it has gone on paperwork upon arriving and it has been correct from then on. Check them out if you need help.

WyoTex

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi x 2, 2009 JKU Rubi and 1981 CJ7 Rubiwannabe
My local Jeep Service Department in Cody WY at Fremont has taken good care of my wife and my jeep. I will give them a thumbs up and they have been helpful with advice and warranty related concerns as well as things to avoid.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Update: I should have checked the Damper. They installed it upside down. When I called them on it, they told me "by instructions for that recall that's what it called for". Even after I emailed them the recall procedures and highlighted the attached photo, they still argued with me. They reluctantly flipped the damper over. I had to point out the intake bulge to them 4 times and I still don't think they believe they are wrong.

@JeepCares : You may want to educate your dealerships. They said "they'll have to contact the manufacturer of the part, to clarify the VAGUE instructions". They look pretty straightforward to me.
V41 Damper.png

ink (2).png

V41.PNG

Last edited:

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Update: I should have checked the Damper. They installed it upside down. When I called them on it, they told me "by instructions for that recall that's what it called for". Even after I emailed them the recall procedures and highlighted the attached photo, they still argued with me. They reluctantly flipped the damper over. I had to point out the intake bulge to them 4 times and I still don't think they believe they are wrong.

@JeepCares : You may want to educate your dealerships. They said "they'll have to contact the manufacturer of the part, to clarify the VAGUE instructions". They look pretty straightforward to me.
V41 Damper.png

ink (2).png

V41.PNG
We regret to see this and thank you for bringing it to our attention, Ma$$iveDebtAche. If you continue to work with your dealer in the future, we are happy to help.

Kate
JeepCares

OP
OP

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
We regret to see this and thank you for bringing it to our attention, Ma$$iveDebtAche. If you continue to work with your dealer in the future, we are happy to help.

Kate
JeepCares
Unforunately, they treated me like I was wrong; when I clearly showed their mistake. Not even an apology (even for the incovience of a 40 minute round trip). I will go to another dealer from now on, even thou it's 1 1/2 hours away.

Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
I know!!!
I wanted to write something like "they'll f*ck something up eventually" but I wanted to stay positive. :LOL:

Good on ya for double-checking their damper install.

OP
OP

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I wanted to write something like "they'll f*ck something up eventually" but I wanted to stay positive. :LOL:

Good on ya for double-checking their damper install.
Well, at least I was smart enough to not post the name or location of the dealership and encouraged more Jeepers to patronize this establishment.

JeepJLBase

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
I thought the service and sales departments depend on getting excellent scores from customers to maintain a certain status of service. I guess that’s not true now.

Testut

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL 2-door
With 12,000 miles since I bought my JL last spring, I've had nothing but great service from the 2 Jeep dealers with whom I've had contact: Cortland Jeep in Cortland, NY (my home dealer) and Bob Howard Jeep in Oklahoma City/Edmond. Oh, and Cortland Jeep installed the steering damper correctly! :)

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Geez, this thread got nowhere fast.

A good Jeep dealer experience is like mythical Wrangler with 35-inch tires that gets 30 MPG.
Sponsored