Sponsored

Portable air compressor and tire deflator suggestions.

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I have been looking around at portable air compressors and tire deflators but there is quite a bit to choose from. Does anyone have personal recommendations? I have had my eye on the JT Brooks Pro deflator set.
Sponsored

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
We use the portable Smittybuilt 2781 compressor and ARB505 deflator. Both work a charm and are easily swapped from vehicle to vehicle. Buddy in a Taco used for his ride the other day and just today aired up our Benz. Super useful. Get a couple deep socket accurate pencil gauges and you should be good.

Def there are a number of good options avaliable. But sometimes depends on what the inventory is and how quick you need it. Certain items right now can be backlogged a month or more.

vdellanno

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have been looking around at portable air compressors and tire deflators but there is quite a bit to choose from. Does anyone have personal recommendations? I have had my eye on the JT Brooks Pro deflator set.
I have the Stauns and like them. I use the VIAIR 400P - one less thing to install and tend to; take it along when you need it; tucks nicely in the footwell behind the front seat of the 2-door. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the bag that the VIAIR comes in.

Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ā€˜20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Another positive nod for the Staun deflators. Having been using the said for the past 2 years without any issues. They are quick and efficient.

ETA: I have a Viair 400P as a standby for a PowerTank CO2 set-up.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
We use the portable Smittybuilt 2781 compressor and ARB505 deflator. Both work a charm and are easily swapped from vehicle to vehicle. Buddy in a Taco used for his ride the other day and just today aired up our Benz. Super useful. Get a couple deep socket accurate pencil gauges and you should be good.

Def there are a number of good options avaliable. But sometimes depends on what the inventory is and how quick you need it. Certain items right now can be backlogged a month or more.
Same

OP
OP
Jeep4Win

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Thanks for all the input everyone. Iā€™ve narrowed it down between the Harbor Freight 12V 150 PSI Compact or the Viair 400P Automatic Portable compressors. Still debating on deflators though.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Ended up getting this as I don't see using it too often and gets good reviews. Seems to actually air up 33s in pretty quick time w/ a decent duty cycle.
Best price I found $65 shipped (2day fedex too!)
https://www.tirerack.com/accessories/detail.jsp?ID=2709
And one of the review videos

Tested it out, aired up my 295/70/17 Patagonia (which is about 33.3" tall) from 18psi to 34psi in 2min40sec, so would take about 11 minutes to air all 4.
And airing up another Jeep w/ similar tires would still be within it's 25 min duty cycle.

It was hot when done but not too loud.

Comes w/ nice quality hose & battery connectors and long enough to easily get all around. Includes nice storage bag & the built in air gauge was quite accurate, but it has to be read w/ unit off.

For the few times a year I'll be using this I think it should meet my needs, and really does seem to be a quality unit.

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Ended up getting the Viair 400P. Great build and deflates tires as well. A win win! Highly recommend!

Jeep Wrangler JL Portable air compressor and tire deflator suggestions. E9227948-7F07-44F6-81AA-CC39036437EA
How does it deflate? Iā€™m too lazy to google...
I bought the smittybilt but I didnā€™t know deflating was an option.
I just use the Staun deflators and theyā€™re easy.
I recently learned about the Apex stems you have to mount but they look sweet. Would probably speed up inflation, too.

OP
OP
Jeep4Win

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
How does it deflate? Iā€™m too lazy to google...
I bought the smittybilt but I didnā€™t know deflating was an option.
I just use the Staun deflators and theyā€™re easy.
I recently learned about the Apex stems you have to mount but they look sweet. Would probably speed up inflation, too.
The tire gun and gauge has a bleeder valve on it. Press until desired air pressure on gauge is met.
Sponsored