Sponsored

Popular Jeep Tires (size, weights, specs, pics)

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I will do that to the bigger list. I had not included them before as I was not interested in them after my personal research and seeing how fast they wear out here in AZ. As many miles as I put on my Jeep I would go through 2 sets a year most likely thus removing their value factor. However for anyone is a less brutal climate and environment, that drives less I think they are great off-road tires.(I am looking at a set in a size larger for off-road use only).
How many miles are you driving a year? Most people get 25k-30k miles out of milestars.
Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
How many miles are you driving a year? Most people get 25k-30k miles out of milestars.
With pavement temps over 160 degrees from May until October that really shortens the lifespan. I have seen 10k miles on pats that were heavily driven on road pretty much done. At 20k, they are really work. My K02s on my 2019, and my Falcon M/Ts on my 2020 we're both over 10k mikes in 6 months and we're barley worn. Pats are awesome off-road, they are soft and sticky. However, that is not a good combination when the sidewalk can bake cookies. Again, just so everyone with pats are not upset, I think they are great off-road. But they are not a good daily driver in extremely high temperature areas with a lot of road time.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
With pavement temps over 160 degrees from May until October that really shortens the lifespan. I have seen 10k miles on pats that were heavily driven on road pretty much done. At 20k, they are really work. My K02s on my 2019, and my Falcon M/Ts on my 2020 we're both over 10k mikes in 6 months and we're barley worn. Pats are awesome off-road, they are soft and sticky. However, that is not a good combination when the sidewalk can bake cookies. Again, just so everyone with pats are not upset, I think they are great off-road. But they are not a good daily driver in extremely high temperature areas with a lot of road time.
How many miles do you drive a year? I have the milestars...if you're buying tires dedicated to offroad, I would get STT Pros, Nitto Trail Grapplers or Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ way before milestars. Milestars are a hybrid tire with a less aggressive all terrain center tread that performs ok offroad and decently quiet on road. Those other tires will outperform the Milestars in most conditions offroad.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
How many miles do you drive a year? I have the milestars...if you're buying tires dedicated to offroad, I would get STT Pros, Nitto Trail Grapplers or Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ way before milestars. Milestars are a hybrid tire with a less aggressive all terrain center tread that performs ok offroad and decently quiet on road. Those other tires will outperform the Milestars in most conditions offroad.
As I noted, I can easily put 10k miles on in 6 months, so normally over 20k a year. Living where I do, I put a LOT of miles off-road as well. I am not having a hard time finding tires, and was making the comment that if I were to buy pats it would be for off-road, not on road. I put the list together 6 months ago, and updated recently since others were asking about tires. For myself personally I know what I will be running since I know exactly what my use will be and have had the privilege to see pretty much every tire out there in use here. I personally know people who have run a few different models already, and so have I.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
As I noted, I can easily put 10k miles on in 6 months, so normally over 20k a year. Living where I do, I put a LOT of miles off-road as well. I am not having a hard time finding tires, and was making the comment that if I were to buy pats it would be for off-road, not on road. I put the list together 6 months ago, and updated recently since others were asking about tires. For myself personally I know what I will be running since I know exactly what my use will be and have had the privilege to see pretty much every tire out there in use here. I personally know people who have run a few different models already, and so have I.
My reply was aimed at you saying Pats are awesome offroad and you're looking at getting larger Pats for offroad use only. I have 37" Pats and like them for a nice combo of being quieter onroad and decent offroad. However, if I'm spending $ to get a set of offroad dedicated tires and I care about performance, I'd much rather have more agressive STT Pros, Trail Grapplers, MT Baja MTZ or Toyo M/T. They offer better traction compared to the Pats in most offroad conditions and will last longer.

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
My reply was aimed at you saying Pats are awesome offroad and you're looking at getting larger Pats for offroad use only. I have 37" Pats and like them for a nice combo of being quieter onroad and decent offroad. However, if I'm spending $ to get a set of offroad dedicated tires and I care about performance, I'd much rather have more agressive STT Pros, Trail Grapplers, MT Baja MTZ or Toyo M/T. They offer better traction compared to the Pats in most offroad conditions and will last longer.
Ah, ok. I was looking at a set of used pats, not new for off-road. I agree on the tires you noted as superior. I am always looking for a good set of used tires for off-road only, it seems the only good deals have been on pats so far.

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I’ve heard a lot of people suggest that the on-road ride on an “E” tire is just too stiff for a Jeep. For those running an “E” rated tire, any regrets about your choice? Would you recommend eliminating the choices that are only available in “E”? I think I’d rather run a “C” or “D” if all were available that way, but they are not. Thanks for your responses.
I've been running on the Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT's (275/70/18 - 33") and love 'em. They're load "E" but have zero highway noise at 75, serious! I hear the wind and that's it, plus they're fantastic on wet roads. I've taken them on some light trails twice and have been impressed with how well they clean themselves out and grip. 60,000 mile tread life. Highly recommend. I'm coming from Nitto Trail Grapplers and they were scary when the pavement got wet so I had to change (they also sound like you've put a baseball card in your spokes - THEY'RE LOUD).

IMG_20200129_074106.jpg

IMG_20200129_074113.jpg

Profile.jpg

CMâ›°

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal
I ended up going with Cooper STT Pro 315x70r17 Load E. Was pretty set on the Ridge Grapplers, but ran into a sale on the STT Pros and before I knew it it was done. So far so good. Really pleased with the road manners. I expected rougher, stiffer, and louder from them. Broke them in and obviously, no issues off road and love the look.
Jeep Wrangler JL Popular Jeep Tires (size, weights, specs, pics) Texas Hill Country Overland-3
Jeep Wrangler JL Popular Jeep Tires (size, weights, specs, pics) Texas Hill Country Overland-4

fixbroke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Cooper Discoverer STT Pro
Class : Mud Terrain

Jeep Wrangler JL Popular Jeep Tires (size, weights, specs, pics) Texas Hill Country Overland-4

Options :
37X12.50R17LT D Rated (Actual Diameter: 36.77) WEIGHT : 75 lbs Width : 10.2"
37X13.50R17LT E Rated (Actual Diameter: 36.77) WEIGHT : 84 lbs Width : 10.98"
A little correction on the STT Pro widths... they're a bit narrow, but not that narrow! My 37X13.50R17 measures roughly 12.5" across the tread blocks. I'm guessing the 12.50s are probably around 11.5" across the tread blocks but can't confirm.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if we can fit 285/75R17 tires (33.8 x 11.2 inches) on a stock Sahara —i.e., NO lift— on factory 17 x 7.5 wheels without rubbing?

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if we can fit 285/75R17 tires (33.8 x 11.2 inches) on a stock Sahara —i.e., NO lift— on factory 17 x 7.5 wheels without rubbing?
With my stock wheels (Sport S) I had some rubbing. Just get some spacers.

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
I was trying to get Patagonia tires thru America’s tire. After 5 weeks waiting I threw in the towel. My JLR is now on Cooper SST Pro’s 37x12.50r17 ...
JL w 37's b.jpg

JL w 37's.jpg

AEV JL Pintler wheels
JL tire stick out.jpeg

No spare on the tailgate issues either haha
JL spare's new home.jpg
Looks good, like how your tires don’t stick out too far. What is the offset and backspace of the wheels.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Looks good, like how your tires don’t stick out too far. What is the offset and backspace of the wheels.
+25 and 5.77 . AEV did a nice job engineering these wheels for a JL Rubicon. I was told by them that R&D was with 37" tires and their 2.5" lift .

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
+25 and 5.77 . AEV did a nice job engineering these wheels for a JL Rubicon. I was told by them that R&D was with 37" tires and their 2.5" lift .
They really look good with the 37. Bet with 35 they would fit like a stock tire look. Thanks
Sponsored