Sponsored

Popular Jeep Tires (size, weights, specs, pics)

JillC

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Owner/operator of Vanity Fur Grooming Salon
Vehicle Showcase
Stock Rubicon Tire Weight : 51 lbs

35 Weight Comparisons

Brand / Average Weight

Goodyear Duratrac 60-66 lbs
Mastercraft MXT 64 lbs
BF Goodrich KO2
65 lbs
BG Goodrich KM3 65-74 lbs
Cooper STT PRO 66 lbs
Cooper S/T Maxx 65-66 lbs
Nitto Ridge Grapplers 72.5 lbs
Nitto Trail Grapplers 72 - 79 lbs
Toyo Open Country M/T 78 lbs
Nitto Mud Grapplers 79 lbs

37 Weight Comparisons

Brand / Average Weight
BF Goodrich KO2 68 lbs
Mastercraft MXT 70 lbs
Cooper STT PRO 75-84 lbs
Cooper S/T Maxx 79 lbs
Nitto Ridge Grapplers 81-87 lbs
Nitto Trail Grapplers 84.7 lbs
Toyo Open Country M/T 84-94 lbs
Nitto Mud Grapplers 97 lbs
Hi,

This is a great post! I need some help from anyone/everyone thatā€™s knowledgeable with this stuff. I just ordered a fully loaded Rubicon and need some tire advice. What Iā€™m looking for is to change the rims to the ones in the link below. Now, Iā€™m not very familiar with the rim/tire setup but I will say that I will not be lifting my truck but Iā€™m looking for an aggressive rim/tire setup (mostly visual as i wonā€™t really be doing off-roading). I'm looking to have my rims stick out past the fenders and I want enough of a size where the tire looks aggressive but doesn't rub when driving. Any suggestions anyone on what tire size/rim height i should go with?

http://www.fueloffroad.com/assault-d576-w-25122.htm
Hello!! If I am breaking any kind of forum rules for asking a question to your question, I am so sorry!! Iā€™m a 50 year old who is very ā€œforum/message boardā€ dumb! I bought my first Jeep today and like you, Iā€™m looking to purchase ā€œbeefierā€ looking wheels and tires. There was a used vehicle on the lot today and I was asking about buying the aftermarket wheels and tires. The GM told me that I need to stick with stock wheels because after market ones arenā€™t covered by Jeep if the after market purchase causes any damage. I am confused on what is considered stock. And same as you, I doubt I will do too much off roading but donā€™t want my Jeep to look ā€œwhimpyā€. Not sure if this even makes sense. If I posted in the wrong place, please forgive me and direct me to the right place to ask. Thanks!!! Jill

Skid99

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Looking for advice or tips. JLU Sahara and looking at adding Fuel Assault 18x9 Wheels with Fury Offroad Country Hunter M/T 35x12.5R18LT.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
Looking for advice or tips. JLU Sahara and looking at adding Fuel Assault 18x9 Wheels with Fury Offroad Country Hunter M/T 35x12.5R18LT.
What advice do you want?
Cool looking wheel. Reliable brand. Consider the weight of the wheel + the tire when you make your decision.

Sponsored

Skid99

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
What advice do you want?
Cool looking wheel. Reliable brand. Consider the weight of the wheel + the tire when you make your decision.
I have heard the new JL could run 35's without a lift. If I do a lift, I was thinking the Rubicon Express 2" Spacer lift.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
I have heard the new JL could run 35's without a lift. If I do a lift, I was thinking the Rubicon Express 2" Spacer lift.
You heard correctly. Rubicon owners can easily fit 35s without a lift. I have also seen Sahara and Sport owners fit 35s without a lift. Not sure how well the Sahara and Sport will do Off Road with 35s and no lift.

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
Tire-related question: Do any of you have a preferred tire pressure gauge you use at home and/or carry in the Jeep? Is a standard, old school "pencil tire gauge" still a safe bet, or is something bigger and more substantial going to be more accurate? Sort of a silly question, but I haven't owned a tire gauge in I don't know how long. Thanks everyone.

McBeeve

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Rubicon
Occupation
Facilities Administrator
Tire-related question: Do any of you have a preferred tire pressure gauge you use at home and/or carry in the Jeep? Is a standard, old school "pencil tire gauge" still a safe bet, or is something bigger and more substantial going to be more accurate? Sort of a silly question, but I haven't owned a tire gauge in I don't know how long. Thanks everyone.
I got tired of the cheap unreliable gauges and bought this one a couple of years ago. I've been very happy with it.

20180817_234231.jpg

45rake

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Sting Gray, 15 Lamborghini Huracan, 11 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, 15 Mercedes Benz GLA45 AMG, 66 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser
Question, is the width listed here for the Cooper STT PRO the tread width and all other tires listed the section width? Is the STT PRO really that much skinnier than all the other tires? Trying to compare apples to apples.

Sponsored

Jlrut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Sahara sold: 2dr Rub ordered 1/17 traded: 2019 2 door picked up 12/27
Jeep JL 2-Door with factory wheels and Toyo Open Country R/T 35x12.5 R17. I plan on installing the 2" Mopar lift when it is available, but I don't have any rubbing as it sits. I love that the tires fit in the wheel well - especially with the white! I purchased the reinforcement and relocation brackets for the spare tire but I don't need them. PM me if you want to purchase them (all brand new in the box).

IMG_1218.JPG

IMG_1219.JPG

IMG_1220.JPG

IMG_1221.JPG

IMG_1222.JPG

IMG_1223.JPG

IMG_1224.JPG

IMG_1225.JPG

IMG_1226.JPG

I have the same jeep, but different color. You've had these for a few weeks. Can you share you're impressions? Been off road? Mud? Road noise? I'm leaning toward these, but wanted you're opinion. I'll purchase in the next couple of days. what other tires did you consider?
many thanks!

dannko

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Unlimited
I have to ask what camera are you using?

Kaliks&Bones

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So are BFG, Goodyear, Cooper, and General the only ones with white lettering?

Would really like to do some Mickey Thompsonā€™s with white lettering but the new KM3s would be a classic look too.

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
Last edited:

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ā€˜20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
This is a very helpful thread . . . Thank you!
Sponsored