Sponsored

Popular Jeep Tires (size, weights, specs, pics)

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but the 35s on the new bronco had me looking up the specs. Very light tire however they maintain that the MT does not stand for mud terrain.

On my phone but here's the specs I wrote down. Goodyear Wrangler territory MT
315/70R17 52 lbs
C rated 113/110S
I just weighed one that I havenā€™t mounted yet. Came in at 56.2lbs on my bathroom scale. Iā€™m assuming itā€™s correct because my wheel weighed exactly what the manufacturer says it does. My wheel/tire assembly comes in @ less than 85lbs total weight.

jhon wick

First Name
Jhon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bestsavingscoupon.com
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Hi,

This is a great post! I need some help from anyone/everyone thatā€™s knowledgeable with this stuff. I just ordered a fully loaded Rubicon and need some tire advice. What Iā€™m looking for is to change the rims to the ones in the link below. Now, Iā€™m not very familiar with the rim/tire setup but I will say that I will not be lifting my truck but Iā€™m looking for an aggressive rim/tire setup (mostly visual as i wonā€™t really be doing off-roading). I'm looking to have my rims stick out past the fenders and I want enough of a size where the tire looks aggressive but doesn't rub when driving. Any suggestions anyone on what tire size/rim height i should go with?

http://www.fueloffroad.com/assault-d576-w-25122.htm
I went with the Kumho Road Venture Mud Terrain KL71. (35x12.5x18). Only knock is that they are directional tires.

Tires.jpg
Jeepp.jpg
nice

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Unlimited
I've been trying to find and order ProComp Xtreme MT'S in 35's tire size but every search on-line is turning up 33's, 37's, & 40's. I was surprised that Tire Rack doesn't carry Pro Comp. I've got to order them and ship them to the tire shop where I've gotten my tires for the past 30 years so they can put them on. The owner of the tire shop has been searching on his computer but can't find them. What gives?? I'm only getting 4 since I have the spare on the back that I'm going to have the shop put on the vehicle and put one of the new tires on the back where the spare goes. I'd hate to have change brand and have to buy 5 tires and waste the ProComp spare

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
c rated generals are no where to be found
Yep, you have to place an order and then wait.....and wait. But they are manufacturing. General confirmed to me last spring that they were in production and would remain so due to very high demand. I think they are worth the wait.

I hope other manufacturers expand the C rated MT 35" offerings. I'd love to see Falken do theirs and I'd love to see BFG offer the KM3. I particularly like the Falkens. They are surprisingly quiet for an MT.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I gave up on the General X3. BFG KO2's were easy to find and now have 5-315x70 "C" installed.
Huge difference compaired to the 37" Cooper STT PROS I've been rolling on for 2.5 years.
Jeep Wrangler JL Popular Jeep Tires (size, weights, specs, pics) JLR on new 35%22 KO2's

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, you have to place an order and then wait.....and wait. But they are manufacturing. General confirmed to me last spring that they were in production and would remain so due to very high demand. I think they are worth the wait.

I hope other manufacturers expand the C rated MT 35" offerings. I'd love to see Falken do theirs and I'd love to see BFG offer the KM3. I particularly like the Falkens. They are surprisingly quiet for an MT.
I just pre-ordered a set from Quadratec which should start shipping on June 4, according to their site. Of course, this may change. But at $321/tire, I'll take that chance.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just pre-ordered a set from Quadratec which should start shipping on June 4, according to their site. Of course, this may change. But at $321/tire, I'll take that chance.
I think you'll love them. They are noisy but they ride and handle beautifully and are outstanding off-road. Great in the snow and rain, too. And they look badass with the red letters.

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I think you'll love them. They are noisy but they ride and handle beautifully and are outstanding off-road. Great in the snow and rain, too. And they look badass with the red letters.
I'm not worried about the noise. I've run the previous version of the Cooper STT and the current Goodyear MT/R on my previous Jeep and neither were completely quiet. The strange thing is that the Cooper were noisier than the GYs once they had worn down by quite a bit. I just hope that the General's perform well enough after getting spoiled with the performance of the GY's. Those were awesome on the terrain around here and I plan to put these to the test also.

Last edited:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not worried about the noise. I've run the previous version of the Cooper STT and the current Goodyear MT/R on my previous Jeep and neither were completely quiet. The strange thing is that the Cooper were noisier than the GYs once they had worn down by quite a bit. I just hope that the General's perform well enough after getting spoiled with the performance of the GY's. Those were awesome on the terrain around here and I plan to put these to the test also.
I've found them to be outstanding In all conditions. Definitely worth the noise. šŸ˜„

Willys22

First Name
SK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Willys 22
Does anyone know tire setup for that white one? Looks pretty good

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Does anyone know tire setup for that white one? Looks pretty good
the ones in post #204? Those are 315/70/17s BF Goodrich K02s load range C as per @sourdough info w/ AEV wheels, and yeah, it does look good!
Sponsored