a23persaud

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys (JLU)
Hi,

Over the last two days I’ve been experiencing a popping sound with my Jeep when accelerating from a stop. It seems to be coming from the rear of the vehicle. I’ll be at a full stop or crawling one mph before a turn, and then I accelerate, and then POP.

Has anyone heard of this issue on a new JL or experienced it themselves? Any ideas what the problem is? I want to avoid taking it to a dealership for an entire day or even days and them telling me they can’t recreate the sound or

My Jeep is ~3 weeks old and is completely bone stock. I also didn’t experience this issue for the first couple of weeks of ownership.
Sponsored

OP
OP
a23persaud

a23persaud

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there any way a recording of this sound can be made?
Unfortunately, I don’t have a GoPro to set up, but if you watch 1:18-1:24 of this video on YouTube, it’s very similar to what this person is experiencing. I wanted to see if anyone with a JL has experienced this though because I couldn’t find any threads discussing this problem with the JL.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Unfortunately, I don’t have a GoPro to set up, but if you watch 1:18-1:24 of this video on YouTube, it’s very similar to what this person is experiencing. I wanted to see if anyone with a JL has experienced this though because I couldn’t find any threads discussing this problem with the JL.

I see what you mean. Sorry I can’t help as I have no idea what it could be. The rear axle has less components related to it that can potentially make noises, in contrast to the front axle where things such as loose ball joints make a clicking/popping sound similar to that. But I can’t say what could be causing that noise in the rear axle.

OP
OP
a23persaud

a23persaud

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see what you mean. Sorry I can’t help as I have no idea what it could be. The rear axle has less components related to it that can potentially make noises, in contrast to the front axle where things such as loose ball joints make a clicking/popping sound similar to that. But I can’t say what could be causing that noise in the rear axle.
Believe it or not man I think I figured it out... t’was the old half-filled windshield wiper fluid bottle under the rear seats...

thanks so much for your input and help!

-Andrew

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Believe it or not man I think I figured it out... t’was the old half-filled windshield wiper fluid bottle under the rear seats...

thanks so much for your input and help!

-Andrew
LOL! Good one! Glad it wasn’t anything related to the jeep!
Sponsored