First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JL
Occupation
USAF Retired
Just got it out of the shop yesterday. After 7 1/2 weeks it seems to be fixed. Everyone that heard the noise thought it was coming from the front. The service manager thought it was the left front, so they tore it all apart. Didn’t fix a thing. Then they started on the right front. Same noise after they put it back together.

One of the technicians came up with the idea to put a hose down the vent line so they could listen while driving. First they did the front end it sounded normal. When they tried the back they could really hear it when it made the noise. It ended up being the limited slip in the rearend. Service manager said it looked like it exploded. Took about two weeks for the parts to come in.

My warranty expired while it was in the shop before they figured out what the actual problem was. The service manager told us it would be fixed under warranty no matter what it was. When we picked it up he said it was and would be covered under the power train warranty. Boy am I happy to have it back. First thing I did yesterday was to reinstall my Tazer. Now I’m ready for the mountains.
Sponsored

Peterveiga

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 diesel rubicon JL
Chalk up another one, 2021 JLUR diesel, thought I must’ve missed tightening a bolt or something as part of my Evo lift kit after about 5000 miles started to get a slight tick or creek and I just found all four ball joints not anywhere near tight enough.