OP

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
what 8 bolts are you talking about you talking about the sex in the back three and a side and then two on the top of the hardtop
Yes, those 8. Two on top and six on the sides (3 each side). I went hand tight + 1 full turn
Sponsored

Schism75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLU SAHARA
yes there's three on each side of the back for the hardtop I didn't mess with those. But the one above the driver and passenger back window those two I undid it on the right side and then retightening and it seemed to help a lot thanks for all the info
I was just clarifying how many bolts and where. I’m in the same boat as well. The creaking is driving me nuts.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
No wonder they are "cracking and popping ", what with " the sex in the back three"...
I found where the creaking noise is coming from on my JL. Its the black latch right above the seat on the passenger head. If I undo the black latch it won't creak anymore and i did loosen the latch a little but it didn't stop any idea how to stop it. i know its a jeep but its right above the passenger head and it is very annoying after a while. how can i stop this nose

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
THE NOISE IS COMING FROM MY RIGHT SIDE FREEDOM PANEL. IF I PUSH UP ON IT WHEN SOMEONE IS DRIVING THE CREEKING GOES AWAY AND EVERYTHING IS TIGHT HOW DO I FIX IT ? SORRY ABOUT ALL CAPS I CANT GET IT OFF CAPS RIGHT NOW

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
THE NOISE IS COMING FROM MY RIGHT SIDE FREEDOM PANEL. IF I PUSH UP ON IT WHEN SOMEONE IS DRIVING THE CREEKING GOES AWAY AND EVERYTHING IS TIGHT HOW DO I FIX IT ? SORRY ABOUT ALL CAPS I CANT GET IT OFF CAPS RIGHT NOW
Hi Jeff,
We're sorry to hear about this. If you are unable to remedy this on your own and decide to visit your dealer, please send our team a PM. We would be happy to assist throughout your dealer visit.
Alex
JeepCares

X99104

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR, 88 YJ, 78 CJ-7 304
Check that you haven't lost the rubber between the panel and whatever it sits on. I've always been able to fix by removing both panels and making sure I put them on straight. The panels have a little play in them so for lack of a better term "mind the gaps"

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
okay I will try that but I think everything's in place it's weird that when I put my hand push up on it it stops it's almost like it's not tight enough but there's no way to make it tighter but I will try and look for that thank you
Sponsored