First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys Snazzberry
Occupation
Nurse Practitioner
Hit my first elk last night. Considering how massive that fella was, I'm surprised at the damage. Jeep did a good and I was able to keep on trucking to home without losing any time.

PXL_20221115_012017054.jpg

PXL_20221115_012030472.jpg

PXL_20221115_012154413.jpg

PXL_20221115_011817311.jpg

Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Dang, that stinks. Too bad you couldn't see them from further away but glad everyone (besides the elk) is ok.

j2.pictures

First Name
Justin Null
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
CDJR Salesperson
Hit my first elk last night. Considering how massive that fella was, I'm surprised at the damage. Jeep did a good and I was able to keep on trucking to home without losing any time.

Jeep Wrangler JL Popped my Elk cherry Encounter with an Elk 111422

Glad you were okay! Could've been worse given the size and speed!

Sponsored

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
I heard Jeeps flip when hit on the driver's front corner. So I guess the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety is a got-damn liar! I am glad you are ok, though. BTW fresh roadkill is still fresh freezer meat!

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I moved to AZ from Evergreen, CO (8,200'). Sometimes we'd wake up and there would be a few dozen elk in our "yard". I can remember instances when I was late for work because they were clogging up my driveway and wouldn't move. And, being sane, I didn't try to rush them. During rutting season they are very unpredictable.

Sponsored

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
Hope if the elk died you got to harvest the meat or someone did? Sad for the elk sad for the jeep, glad you’re okay! I’m a hunter, but I always hate seeing animals hit or hurt not in a huntin scenario

Zero_Accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Systems Engineer
That's a bummer dude!

Well now you can try making lemonade from lemons at least. See if you can upgrade to an aftermarket bumper/hood/Rubicon hood. The shop I was sent to after someone rear ended me in the car wash was nice enough to let me pick a rear bumper from a local vendor. Just had to pay the difference, insurance picked up the rest.

Jeep Wrangler JL Popped my Elk cherry IMG_4026.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Popped my Elk cherry IMG_4786.JPG

Last edited:

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

Hope if the elk died you got to harvest the meat or someone did? Sad for the elk sad for the jeep, glad you’re okay! I’m a hunter, but I always hate seeing animals hit or hurt not in a huntin scenario
Same here. I accidentally stepped and rolled a ground squirrel thing once. My dog chased it out of some tall weeds/grass while we were walking down the sidewalk and I was talking to my wife. It ran under my foot and my foot rolled over what I thought was a rock because it rolled strangely and made a bunch of crunching noises like a rock on concrete. I turned and looked down and see this poor little guy convulsing and blood coming out of its head and I almost threw up. To this day I still feel sick to my stomach thinking about that poor guy, probably out looking for a job (whatever kind of job a ground squirrel would do) and trying to provide for its family at home and the kids are wondering, "when's dad coming home?" and they probably all starved to death all because of me. :( I also had to smash a hamsters head with a hammer once to put it out of its misery because it had a broken back from my sister throwing it at a wall to get back at me after we were fighting and I apparently pissed her off...... It's a wonder I'm not in therapy. 🤪

Now, mosquitos, those are about the only living thing that I WANT to torture. If I could, I'd catch them all and rip off their legs and wings and let them suffer and die.... hmmm... maybe I should be in therapy?

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

That's a bummer dude!

Well now you can try making lemons from lemonade at least. See if you can upgrade to an aftermarket bumper/hood/Rubicon hood. The shop I was sent to after someone rear ended me in the car wash was nice enough to let me pick a rear bumper from a local vendor. Just had to pay the difference, insurance picked up the rest.

uhhh.... this is a JL forum.... WOLF IN THE HEN HOUSE!!! We've been infiltrated! ;)