Pop quiz: What’s better than an EcoDiesel Wrangler?

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
When I look at that 'jeep' decal I can't unsee "deer"

EcoD

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Ecodiesel
There is nothing better than an ecodiesel. (Except two).

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
A 392?

Don’t know about you guys but with the whopping 15 MPG I get I’m sad I didn’t wait for a 392. Not like the diesel does anything good for me

FinnCustomKnives

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
A 392?

Don’t know about you guys but with the whopping 15 MPG I get I’m sad I didn’t wait for a 392. Not like the diesel does anything good for me
Yeah but you are on 40's. See what a 392's mpg is on 40's. Stock vs stock, and I am sure modded v modded, there is no comparing the mileage between the two. I average 28 on the 55mph country roads around here, but I'm a stock rubicon ecodiesel pleb.

Last edited:

displayname

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD

WXman

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
An EcoDiesel Gladiator. 😆

OP
OP
kogar

kogar

First Name
JD
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
An EcoDiesel Gladiator. 😆
Meh. My wife and I both fell in love with the Gladiator, but the more we test drove them and the more we learned about them, we realized that the Gladiator makes a poor truck (low towing weight for a truck and small bed), and the Wrangler was a better vehicle for offroading. If you had asked me last year, I'd have said that we were going to own one Ecodiesel Wrangler and one Ecodiesel Gladiator. In the end though, my wife decided the Wrangler was a better option for her. We tow a trailer with her (small) boats, so the Wrangler does just fine. Maybe one day, if we get rich, we'll get another diesel truck (a medium duty one), but for now, we're both crazy-happy with our Wranglers. Obviously, our needs weren't well-suited for a Gladiator, but other folks have different motivations. I spoke to one guy today who was buying an ED Gladiator because he could use it on hunting trips (throwing the game in the trunk would be enormously better than stuffing it in the back of a JLU).

zouch

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
an EcoDiesel that runs?

waiting on parts still to get mine back on the trail after it ate its High Pressure Fuel Pump at 4100 miles,...

Advertisement

Clayton Offroad

Advertisement