Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
It can take 500-1000 miles.
Tire rack sells tires and says give them 500 miles. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they have just a tiny bit more to lose than you do since that's their business. And if they say 500 it's probably being super safe and much less than that.

Anyway who gives a shit. It's not the issue here.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bailey525

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Alright everyone, thank you for the info. I will deflate to 35-36 psi and for the hell of it try that dry launch idea…

OP
OP

Bailey525

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Tires still skidding slightly and spinning on wet roads. They are now inflated to right PSI and this is happening even at very low speeds. Needless to say, not very happy with the performance if these tires. Will be writing to Kenda, never buying a budget tire again despite the good reviews..

RubyRubi

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon, 2018 Grand Cherokee
That’s what happens when you buy budget tires. Always go with name brand, we’ll known tires.

Bluegrassjlu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Tires still skidding slightly and spinning on wet roads. They are now inflated to right PSI and this is happening even at very low speeds. Needless to say, not very happy with the performance if these tires. Will be writing to Kenda, never buying a budget tire again despite the good reviews..
Are they the Kenda AT, or the AT2? I run the at2 tires on my truck, and they've been excellent in all conditions. The Toyo open country rt tires we ran on our Jeep would step out sideways on wet roads. I had to go down to a lower psi then i was already running to help.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
definitely not driving too fast, this is like 5-15 mph on turns and at lights
It doesn't matter how fast you're going. If you lose control it's too fast for conditions. Think of it this way, can you pull away from a stop while turning 90-degrees onto a cross street and do this safely on a sheet of ice? If you spin sideways, you're driving too fast for conditions, because the conditions are such that any movement (driving) is too fast to maintain control. The only person capable of maintaining control is the driver, so the conditions warrant you not driving. If you drive 1 mph into into the ocean, you're driving too fast. No one but the driver in that case is responsible for drowning.

Sounds like you purchased tires that aren't even marginal on wet pavement, so you'll have to drive accordingly.

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
I have Kenda AT2s on my Gladiator and they handle fine in the rain. I have about 7500 miles on them.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Well if you do switch brands, Do NOT get the Milestar Patagonia tires. They are the worst tire I have ever owned. The damp pavement Performance was terrible.

cbh

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
Occupation
Retired Air Force
Well if you do switch brands, Do NOT get the Milestar Patagonia tires. They are the worst tire I have ever owned. The damp pavement Performance was terrible.
Bummer. They look really good on paper.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Bummer. They look really good on paper.
My 1998 xj with stock gearing 3.56, 233,000 mile 4.0l motor with 190hp from the factory would overwhelm the Patagonia tire traction on the roll in damp pavement, and if wanted, would spin the tires into 3rd gear with the auto trans. The stock drum brakes would easily lock up the rear tires on damp pavement and the XJ would easily lock up all four tire and go into a skid if the brakes were applied hard. When taking off on damp pavement, you had to be careful with all the HP form the XJ so that you did not spin the tires. It was to a point that you had to be very aware and say to yourself, "hey the pavement is damp, double or triple your braking distance and do not pull out into traffic unless you have plenty of space." Then keep that in mind the entire time you are driving on damp pavement. Hate in my opinion may not be a strong enough word to describe how much I disliked them.

I am sure someone will jump on here and try and defend the Patagonia tires..... Mind you the XJ did not have traction control, anti lock brakes, or stability control. Meaning the XJ could not mask the poor Performance of the Patagonia tires like a new JL will. They also wear fast.

Something that no Milestar Patagonia tire owner says, "These tires are still performing great at 30,000 miles."

cbh

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
Occupation
Retired Air Force
There are just some components you don’t cheap out on, tires probably being number 1.
Exactly! Tires are the only thing between your vehicle and the road. Too many people put price and/or mileage ahead of traction. I’ve stayed with BF Goodrich KO2s for the last 10 years and have been really happy with their overall performance. However; when you gravitate to an ultra aggressive off-road tire I suspect you sacrifice on-road performance.