Sponsored

Poor paint job on 2020 JLUR

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I was taking a good look at my jeep during lunch a couple days ago and realized it has similar paint flaws. It's not quite as bad as the OP's, but it's still disgusting lol. There's even a faint grey outline around the door hinges!

I'm not sure of how to proceed...do I want a nearly-completely repainted Jeep? ugh!!!
I'd take a look at the shop's yelp reviews, or if they have some examples of their work on hand they'd show ya. We had a car many years ago where someone backed into it and ruined one of the doors. The body shop replaced the door with a new one and blended that side of the car and you would have never known it wasn't OEM, until you went looking for the sticker on the door.
Sponsored

SupK

First Name
Sup
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 wrangler
I ordered a loaded JLUR and finally picked it up at the dealer in Memphis. I'm stoked. It was raining Friday when I signed the paperwork and I did a cursory inspection of the jeep after driving it. It all looked good...until this morning. The Jeep got dirty this weekend driving in the rain, so I washed it and wiped it down with spray wax. I noticed the hinges on the tail gate didn't get painted properly. Specifically, along the top of the hinge where it meets the tail gate, the bolt heads and behind hinge pins. The grey primer is showing through the black paint.

I am not looking forward to this headache; I can just imagine the dealer's mechanic grabbing a can of factory Mopar spray paint from the Parts Dept and "touching it up." Is it unreasonable to ask the dealer to have the entire tail gate repainted by a professional body shop? What would you do?

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg
Does this have a rough texture when you touch it? Did it ever rust?