Sponsored

Poor in warranty service issues. Anyone else?

GGguy77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
So, I have had to take my Jeep to the local dealership about 5 times, three of which were 1/2 day to full day. At no time was I given a loaner even though I told the dealer it was covered both by Jeep Wave and my extended warranty. They said they don't participate with that program, for lack of a better term. I purchased my 2018 Wrangler from another dealership in their automotive network, Five Star, but they act like they don't have to abide by the corporate Jeep Wave program or my extended warranty. The last trip was my third trip for a leak in the same spot and they ordered a "muck bar" this time. They also were supposed to change my oil and rotate my tires, but the brand new spare was still on the back door. They didn't contact me in the two days they said it would take and I called them twice over the next two weeks to no avail. I then got the Chrysler survey and gave them what they deserved. They (Customer Care Manager for the dealership) were quick to call me back and say the part was in and it would take half a day to install and that their Service Manager was not familiar with the Jeep Wave program. I told her it was a corporate program and that was not an excuse. I asked when I could drop it off and get the loaner I had been denied for three other visits and she said it would be a couple of days and they would call me. That was two weeks ago. Long time Jeep fan, fist time Jeep owner here, but not feeling the love. Is this normal for dealing with a service department with a new Jeep vehicle that I paid almost $45k for?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@GGguy77

Not all dealerships are created equal so to speak. Suggest you try other dealerships and then deal with the pick of the litter so to speak.

DO continue to provide negative feedback to FCA about dealerships that are piss poor.

duc135

First Name
Duc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
SThey also were supposed to change my oil and rotate my tires, but the brand new spare was still on the back door.
Generally, tire rotations are only for the 4 mounted tires. Most dealerships do not perform 5 tire rotations unless it is specifically requested and may incur an additional charge. At least that that was my experience with the few Jeep/RAM delearships I've been to.

You might also check to see if your spare even has a TPMS sensor. I know my WJ and Ram 1500 only have 4 sensors so during the time I have my spare rotated in, I will get the constant TMPS warning chimes and lights. I drive less than 5K miles a year between the two vehicles so guess how long I'll have to deal with the warning lights and chimes until the spare has been rotated back out.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@duc135

Yes, in regard to dealer and the 4 tire rotation, etc..

Stock Wrangler JL has TPMS sensors in all wheels to include the spare.

OP
OP
GGguy77

GGguy77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
*Update* I got a new Service Advisor and she did great and got everything squared away. There is hope for them after all.

Sponsored

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
So, I have had to take my Jeep to the local dealership about 5 times, three of which were 1/2 day to full day. At no time was I given a loaner even though I told the dealer it was covered both by Jeep Wave and my extended warranty. They said they don't participate with that program, for lack of a better term. I purchased my 2018 Wrangler from another dealership in their automotive network, Five Star, but they act like they don't have to abide by the corporate Jeep Wave program or my extended warranty. The last trip was my third trip for a leak in the same spot and they ordered a "muck bar" this time. They also were supposed to change my oil and rotate my tires, but the brand new spare was still on the back door. They didn't contact me in the two days they said it would take and I called them twice over the next two weeks to no avail. I then got the Chrysler survey and gave them what they deserved. They (Customer Care Manager for the dealership) were quick to call me back and say the part was in and it would take half a day to install and that their Service Manager was not familiar with the Jeep Wave program. I told her it was a corporate program and that was not an excuse. I asked when I could drop it off and get the loaner I had been denied for three other visits and she said it would be a couple of days and they would call me. That was two weeks ago. Long time Jeep fan, fist time Jeep owner here, but not feeling the love. Is this normal for dealing with a service department with a new Jeep vehicle that I paid almost $45k for?
The extended warranty with FCA covers the dealer you purchased the vehicle from. That does suck, but if you like your purchasing dealer when thats great. If you go elsewhere you probably won't feel the love. However, the service manager saying he wasn't familiar with the program is utter bullshit. You did the right thing by giving them a thumbs down on the service questioner. Clearly that shakes them up. Now report it to FCA and file a dealer complaint if your deadline for repairs isn't met in a timely manor. You shouldn't ever be treated this way. Don't put up with it. They hate seeing bad marks or comments from customers because they get poor ratings from FCA.

Tjbrlecic1

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
The dealership we purchased our Jeep from absolutely sucked. One trip in for a warranty issue and never again.
Auto Nation in Johnson City, TN was ok. The reason we stopped using them is their service writers kept trying to up sell services when we came in for warranty work or oil changes.
We had the radio stop working when we were in Wisconsin. Uptown Jeep in Slinger WI took the Jeep in and reset the radio. We were back on the road within two hours.
The dealership in Carrollton, GA fixed the radio a second time and did the oil change without any problem.
The dealership we use for all of our local service is Grindstaff in Elizabethton, TN has been fantastic. They changed the radio after looking at its history, changed the drivers side leather seat cover due to the bad wear, and does all of our service. I have a Tazer plugged into the Jeep and have added some LED lights. They don’t care. Like I said they are a great group of folks.

578ECCBF-8C64-4294-B836-87B6F0445F9A.jpeg

Cmcclaflin31

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Yj Wrangler, 18 JLUS, 82 J10 Pickup
Occupation
Ford Tech
I had to wait 5 days for a loaner for my alternator being on backorder. Took me calling them, asking for an update on the Jeep(3 days in a row) and going there in person just to get them to give me a loaner. Since I got the Jeep back, they didn't look at the other issues it was there for and one of the one of the techs etched a phone number into my fender. Brought it back next day, talked to the manager, he told me to buff the phone number out. They also looked at my other issue, again said it was normal. Brought it back to my selling dealer and they looked at it, ordered a part and said it'd be 3-5 days. That was 4 days ago. They also said they didn't have a loaner. So they put my Jeep back together and said it was okay to drive. Trust me I know how you're feeling with this so called "customer service"
Sponsored