Sponsored

Poor Gas Milage 2.0L eTorque (BSG) mild hybrid system.

JoeBelt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Less than 650 miles on a 2019 JLUR 2.0L. So far I am averaging around 15.5 to 16. I expect it to go up some after breakin and when warmer weather gets here . This is about the same as what I got in the 2017 Sahara I traded in. Considering I am using Premium gas, the spark plugs require changing at 30,000 miles and it cost an extra $1000 upfront, looking back I probably should have passed on this option
Only 300 miles on mine so far. Sahara with upgraded 33” BFG KO2s with an E load rating so a bit heavier than stock. Still averaging 21.5 MPG while running errands.

Are you doing 80mph or towing a boat?
Sponsored

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
Only 300 miles on mine so far. Sahara with upgraded 33” BFG KO2s with an E load rating so a bit heavier than stock. Still averaging 21.5 MPG while running errands.

Are you doing 80mph or towing a boat?
He's got a Rubicon, it has different gearing.

I've got a 2019 JLUR w/ Nitto Ridge Grappler 315/70R17s. I'm right at a measured at the pump/calculated 15.3 mpg average over 361 miles right now. My 2012 2-door Rubicon with 32" tires averaged just over 16mpg for the 30,000 miles I had it. So now I have a heavier 4-door, much larger tires, and significantly better performance, and am getting about the same mileage during break-in, in the middle of winter - and this is primarily city driving so far. On the highway, I average 18-22 depending on the number of hills.

Don't believe a lot of the posts with an average of 20+ running 37s in a Rubicon. The problem everyone is having is they are comparing their results to misreported results of others. The computer displayed mileage is wrong (mine is generally 1.5mpg too high) and for whatever reason, it seems like people like to brag about what excellent mileage they are getting, and inflate numbers. Either that, or they are all driving downhill, all the time. It's a big brick.

http://www.fuelly.com/car/jeep/wranger_unlimited/2019/ormandj/885068 <-- here's my data. I'll keep it up for a few more fill-ups just to set a baseline. I bought the 2.0 for performance, not for mileage, but I'm very happy with the mileage I'm getting considering what I'm driving, and that I have 70lb tires on each corner! Worth every penny, to include the premium fuel. I test drove V6s back to back with the 2.0, and it was night and day difference to me, especially when I repeated the same test in Colorado. In Texas, it was still significant.

Reactions: 31R

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
He's got a Rubicon, it has different gearing.

I've got a 2019 JLUR w/ Nitto Ridge Grappler 315/70R17s. I'm right at a measured at the pump/calculated 15.3 mpg average over 361 miles right now. My 2012 2-door Rubicon with 32" tires averaged just over 16mpg for the 30,000 miles I had it. So now I have a heavier 4-door, much larger tires, and significantly better performance, and am getting about the same mileage during break-in, in the middle of winter - and this is primarily city driving so far. On the highway, I average 18-22 depending on the number of hills.

Don't believe a lot of the posts with an average of 20+ running 37s in a Rubicon. The problem everyone is having is they are comparing their results to misreported results of others. The computer displayed mileage is wrong (mine is generally 1.5mpg too high) and for whatever reason, it seems like people like to brag about what excellent mileage they are getting, and inflate numbers. Either that, or they are all driving downhill, all the time. It's a big brick.

http://www.fuelly.com/car/jeep/wranger_unlimited/2019/ormandj/885068 <-- here's my data. I'll keep it up for a few more fill-ups just to set a baseline. I bought the 2.0 for performance, not for mileage, but I'm very happy with the mileage I'm getting considering what I'm driving, and that I have 70lb tires on each corner! Worth every penny, to include the premium fuel. I test drove V6s back to back with the 2.0, and it was night and day difference to me, especially when I repeated the same test in Colorado. In Texas, it was still significant.
yes, it is a Rubicon with the 4.10 gearing. It is also winter and I live in WV. Never hit a flat spot. But seriously, I was hoping for at least 18mpg :) And my computer is running almost 1 mpg high as well. Last tank it showed 16 and I calculated 15.1 actual.
I noticed you are spending $2.32/gal. Is that 91 octane? That's about what 87 octane costs around here. Our 91 is running $2.69. I used 93 a few times at $2.79

If your numbers are for San Antonio then I guess I better be happy with what I'm getting

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
yes, it is a Rubicon with the 4.10 gearing. It is also winter and I live in WV. Never hit a flat spot. But seriously, I was hoping for at least 18mpg :) And my computer is running almost 1 mpg high as well. Last tank it showed 16 and I calculated 15.1 actual.
I noticed you are spending $2.32/gal. Is that 91 octane? That's about what 87 octane costs around here. Our 91 is running $2.69. I used 93 a few times at $2.79

If your numbers are for San Antonio then I guess I better be happy with what I'm getting
That's 93 octane, we generally don't have 91 here. Yes, those are San Antonio numbers, but with a 12k Warn winch, larger tires, gear, etc.

KRAWL AMERICA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
In a 2018 JLU we average about 22 around town and anywhere from 22 to 24 on the highway at about 70 MPH or so on high test. We have never run regular.

CharlieS3

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I have a very light foot. I was averaging 16-17 for the first 500 miles. Then I started getting a check engine light that had no associated error code. It turned out I had a small vacuum leak in one of the vacuum controllers. The fixed that and my mileage has jumped up to about 18 city and 21 or so highway. Big difference in highway mileage between 55 and 70.
Sponsored