Sponsored

Poor factory paint on hardtop - anyone else?

EvanH84

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
Update: Warranty department did not want to cover it but through my report I developed with Jeep wave, Criswell and my local dealer Jeep Wave is going to cover it! I have a body painted hardtop and it is a very small spot so we shall see how it turns out..
Sponsored

OP
OP
They call me...PaPa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JL Rubicon - 2.0 Sting Gray, '07 JK Sahara - Black
Update: Warranty department did not want to cover it but through my report I developed with Jeep wave, Criswell and my local dealer Jeep Wave is going to cover it! I have a body painted hardtop and it is a very small spot so we shall see how it turns out..
Glad to hear it. As for my own matter, I was due a dealer appointment this Thursday for the steering damper replacement, and when I told them they will also need to address the hard top paint and a couple of additional concerns, they said they have no more loaner vehicles...didn’t have time to delve into it then, so I told them to cancel and I’ll have to reschedule when I can get a loaner.

Seems ridiculous that they are either over-booking or have so many repairs that they can’t keep up with demand. Shouldn’t offer warranty coverage that you can’t handle. Waited about 3 weeks already for the appointment I had for this week. Whitten Jeep in Richmond, Midlothian Turnpike.

JCstingray

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport Altitude 2.0T Sting Gray
I agree that is unacceptable and should be fixed under warranty.

QC on the paint jobs seems pretty poor. Here is a pic of some major paint bubbles I found on a hella Yella painted hardtop and it was present on nearly every edge. Pretty crappy:
IMG_20190904_181111.jpg
Did they repaint?