Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Y'all are waaay over-thinking this. All you need is to remember: Shit, Shovel, and Shutup.

And yes, A small shovel would be handy.
This is my solution as well. Move off trail a couple hundred feet, dig a hole, shit, cover said shit, and take your TP in a doggy bag to pack it out.
Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
This is exactly what I use, pic is a random internet pic but itā€™s the exact tent and bucket. ( I never thought about taking a picture of the setup.

Anyway, the liners are easy to use they have a double seal which makes it easy to handle for disposal. My wife has no problems using this, I donā€™t eitherā€¦well it is a basic 5gallon so youā€™re not going to get mini-me down in there while sittingā€¦but then again peeing isnā€™t an issue for us guys.
The bucket also severs as storage essentials while on the move and no matter what, you always have a bucket handy for what ever you may need a bucket for.
5 out of 5 ā­

C1BB77D2-E548-4384-9286-1995EE5CA342.jpeg
I saw a picture of a woman walking around wal-mart in a clear one of these to keep from catching COVID šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚

MassMopar

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JT Mojave, 23 JLR
We have used this system for years with excellent results. Easy, clean and folds for storage. The company also sells a nice pop up privacy tent but it is larger to store than some of the other options.

https://cleanwaste.com/products/go-anywhere-portable-toilet-the-pett
We use one of these and it's great. Can be used in the back of the jeep if necessary by small people. Folds into a briefcase, can be used as a seat or stool when closed (multipurpose!). Not all that expensive and not as inefficient as a 5gal bucket when it comes to finding space for it.

Most importantly, kid and mom approved!

Jeep Wrangler JL Pooping...the least talked about overlanding topic Potty1
Jeep Wrangler JL Pooping...the least talked about overlanding topic Potty2

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I know this is just barely related to the topic, but if you want to go down the Hershey Highway, this is one of the most hilarious things that ever happened to me in my entire life.

I delivered gas at a little store in a little town in WV. As I was finishing up, my belly said, "Gurgle, gurgle!"

No problem. The store is still open. I'm going to finish up, and when I go in to get my bills signed, I will take care of a little business.

So I finished up, and as I walked toward the store to get my bills signed, the girl came out, locked the door, got in her car, and hauled ass.

Well crap.

Gurgle, gurgle!

So I grabbed some paper towels, and I started hunting. I went down the bank, around behind the store, and I found a relatively secluded spot with some trees. I popped a squat, and did what I had to do.

As I stood there with my pants around my knees, hovering over an enormous turd anaconda, I heard a little girl's voice pipe up behind me. "Mommy?! Why is that man pooping in our yard?!"

RUN FAT BOY RUN!!

You'd be surprised how fast a fat guy can run with his pants around his ankles.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I realize the last reply was awhile ago, but I've used the same ammo can for decades. Squat in the woods, pick it up just like you would in the dog park, tie off bag, toss it in the can. Dispose of at gas station when back at civilization.

On full-size rigs I actually had a way to anchor the ammo can under the hood, but in the JL it packs in the rear easily

Sponsored

Sponsored

Donkey Fluffer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
The Bumper Dumper is the most practical method I've found. It's even useful on urban roads for filling in potholes.

Jeep Wrangler JL Pooping...the least talked about overlanding topic Screenshot_20211106-120410_Chrome

FRZHJCVYNWEWVV2H1W.jpg

RubiGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I didnā€™t go fancy .. just a small shit shovel.

The key is to be prepared .. once you start feeling the pooper knocking the poop door, get your camping wipes, find a place to dig your hole, preferably at the base of a tree so you have some place to put your back on and for shelter if it rains.

anyways, If you wait to long, itā€™s the worst feeling trying to dig a hole while holding in a turd.

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Y'all dudes who are weirded out by this need to get out more. šŸ˜†

Speaking from experience, these make backcountry camping 1000x times more enjoyable for women. Especially in winter!

So if you want your wives to go on more camping trips with you, these are what you need. And they make a wide variety of different styles and shapes, so have your ladies try out multiple different ones (and practice using them, as there is a slight learning curve) before you hit the wilderness to find the one that works best for them.

Y'all might giggle, but I'm tellin' ya.. these things are great!
Sponsored