ScenicRoute

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Beer Finisher
I am very interested in overlanding. I was a camper years ago and have no problem disposing of waste in ways I suspect are dated, old-school, unpopular, not allowed (namely dig a hole and bury it). As I try to inspire adventure in my wife and daughters (the daughters are all in on anything) I need to make the pooping situation more, well, comfortable. Any ideas are appreciated and I am certain there are a world of solutions I don't know about. I could look around the internet (and have) but figure since Jeep folks are absolutely the best at everything, I would go ahead and risk the embarrassment and get the best advice from the guys that know about it.

Advertisement

SocalJeeper2021

First Name
BJ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5
New member here, but been jeeping/overlanding for years with 3 daughters and my wife. What works for us is a Luggable loo, WAG bags and a quick-pop shelter. VERY easy to use. I keep the Loo in a trasharoo on our tire carrier or in the pickup bed (depending on vehicle being used). when a 10-100 is needed, you pull over, pop the quick-pop tent, place a Waag bag in the luggable loo and then put it inside the shelter (either next to the rig or a tree for support) Once the WAG bag is full/used, you seal it up an toss it in a trash can, or in the trasharoo to store until you can throw it away. WAG bags are super cheap - like 12-15 for around 30 bucks.

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Huh, funny...just yesterday, I got the "Cuddy dry composting portable toilet" advertisement while goofing off and watching YouTube working hard from my work-from-home office...here it is:

I've no experience with it or any like it, just offering up some novel product info.

Retrograde

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
Y'all are waaay over-thinking this. All you need is to remember: Shit, Shovel, and Shutup.

And yes, A small shovel would be handy.

tomslusher

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2002 Wrangler X
I have a 2001 JLUR with a front facing camera. I think that would come in handy if you are out trail riding and forget your TP. Back your rear up to it and have someone press the squirter button and viola, a mobile bidet. Also, hemorrhoid checks!!

Last edited:

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara

sourdough

First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR dingy, Ram3500 diesel 4x4 Tiger RV
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
union sheet metal worker 34 yrs. (retired 2008)
Vehicle Showcase
I have found Reststop2 to be a very choice.

csjlu

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Deep backcountry hiker here. I prefer leaving no trace and minimizing what needs to be packed out. I dig and bury, and recommend using smooth river rocks, fallen leaves and green firs (be sure to go with the grain). It's not as bad as it sounds.

Depending on where and when you are going, there is also my favorite: a snowball. It's Nature's Bidet - terribly effective, invigorating, and will melt away when the weather warms.

That said, many of the previous recommendations prove that JL forum members really know their sh!t.

Advertisement

Tri-City Jeep

Advertisement