Sponsored

Poly fil in the sound bar is the real deal.

discgolferlee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Willys 4 door in Anvil
I have been reading about poly fil and people using it to slow down the air and its effects on sound.I knew about putting it in subwoofer boxes but had never used it in smaller speaker applications. I have a 2024 Willys with the alpine system and picked up some poly fil at my local craft shop on my lunch break today. I spent some time this evening popping out the 4 “ speakers and putting poly fil in the sound bar. I didn’t pack it super tight but I put it in there so it was in enough and not loosely flopping around in there. Wow!! I have to say I’m impressed. I don’t know how to explain it. It made the speakers sound a lot more solid if that makes sense. It really increased the all around sound and I feel like the mid notes were a lot more present than before. It sounds less muddy and more pronounced all around if that makes sense. For less than 6 dollars investment and like half hour of my time. I was already curious if anything had changed in that soundbar for 2024 because it has a little updated appearance in shape and added some lights in the grills. I can report based on what I have seen from 2023 and back JL it is exactly the same under the grill besides the dome light and slightly different grill shape from what I can tell. Looked like same 4” and 3.5 “ alpine speakers from previous years. Planning on doing subwoofer box and the front upper dash as well
Sponsored

OP
OP
discgolferlee

discgolferlee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Willys 4 door in Anvil
Did you get any pictures during the job?
Nah I didn’t get any pics. Not much to see. Remove the Allen head bolts holding grills on and then the 3 torx screws to remove speaker. Unclip speaker harness and set speaker aside. Then it’s just stuffing polyfill in there. You don’t want it really touching the cone or speaker itself if you can. It’s not hard.

Sponsored

whitechocolate

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80th Edition
Nah I didn’t get any pics. Not much to see. Remove the Allen head bolts holding grills on and then the 3 torx screws to remove speaker. Unclip speaker harness and set speaker aside. Then it’s just stuffing polyfill in there. You don’t want it really touching the cone or speaker itself if you can. It’s not hard.
Did you buy Acousta Stuff or generic polyfill ?

Luna B

First Name
Luna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Sport S
I have been reading about poly fil and people using it to slow down the air and its effects on sound.I knew about putting it in subwoofer boxes but had never used it in smaller speaker applications. I have a 2024 Willys with the alpine system and picked up some poly fil at my local craft shop on my lunch break today. I spent some time this evening popping out the 4 “ speakers and putting poly fil in the sound bar. I didn’t pack it super tight but I put it in there so it was in enough and not loosely flopping around in there. Wow!! I have to say I’m impressed. I don’t know how to explain it. It made the speakers sound a lot more solid if that makes sense. It really increased the all around sound and I feel like the mid notes were a lot more present than before. It sounds less muddy and more pronounced all around if that makes sense. For less than 6 dollars investment and like half hour of my time. I was already curious if anything had changed in that soundbar for 2024 because it has a little updated appearance in shape and added some lights in the grills. I can report based on what I have seen from 2023 and back JL it is exactly the same under the grill besides the dome light and slightly different grill shape from what I can tell. Looked like same 4” and 3.5 “ alpine speakers from previous years. Planning on doing subwoofer box and the front upper dash as well
I feel a little dumb asking this but can you possibly describe a rough amount of polyfil that you would have used per speaker in the sound bar? I did this today and I think it made it worse. Perhaps I used too much? I wouldn’t say I packed it but I also wouldn’t say that there is a ton of space up there to add it in so packing it in wouldn’t take much. I’m in a 2024 wrangler (sport s) without alpine. I assume the sound bar would be similar in not the same. Thank you.

bd100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
For mine I put it in fairly loose, not compressed much, but filled much of the volume, and was sure to leave an open path in the sound ports. There are some odd corners and such to address. Also swapped out the speakers. It allowed the volume to go to max w/o vibration/buzz, and the new speakers helped the clarity. Factory Alpine option.

ellunchboxo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Anvil Willys 2 Door
Occupation
PetroChemicals
Vehicle Showcase
I have a speaker bar rattle with heavy bass music that stops when I put pressure on it pushing up. I wonder if that will help
Sponsored