Sponsored

What is your favorite color on the Wrangler for the 2021 model year?

• Total voters

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
Congratulations! Sounds sick! What are the specific options you got, i.e. top type, interior color, tires, wheels, screen.
Thanks, its my first Jeep and wanted the full experience :like: my build goes like this:

2021 Sarge Green Rubicon 4-door diesel Automatic
Black hard top (will install a roofrack with roofrack tent, depending on how good the diesel is!)
Body-colored fender flares
Black leather interior package
8.4" radio and premium audio group with alpine subwoofer
LED package
Cold weather package
Trail offroad camera package
Trailer tow and heavy duty electrical package (for the bigger alternator/battery and aux switches)
Safety package
Advanced safety package
Remote proximity keyless entry
BFG KO2's with the white letters

Didn't get the steel bumper package (because i figured there will be a ton of after market options to choose from)
Didn't get the premium rims because i want to go Method MR106 bead lock rims someday

This should be interesting, i would say its fully loaded, not much left to add honestly!
Sponsored

Frankralfano

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Nacho Sahara JLU
Nacho was announced September 1st with their press release, it should be available soon.
Just looked at the Sept. 1 press release and I don't see it, could they have taken it off???

Available Exterior Colors:
  • Bright White
  • Hella Yella
  • Granite Crystal
  • Billet Silver
  • Black
  • Firecracker Red
  • Sting Gray
  • Hydro Blue
  • Sarge Green
  • Snazzberry

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I love that there are bright colors finally returning: Chief, Gecko, and Nacho!

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
When did they announce Nacho? I am about to do some mods on my 2018 and before I do anything that make my Nacho Sport more like a Sahara, I'll wait to replace it with a 2021 Nacho. Please someone have the details, about to spend $4k this week.
I saw a Nacho JL this afternoon and I just didnt like it, definitely not for me

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Just looked at the Sept. 1 press release and I don't see it, could they have taken it off???

Available Exterior Colors:
  • Bright White
  • Hella Yella
  • Granite Crystal
  • Billet Silver
  • Black
  • Firecracker Red
  • Sting Gray
  • Hydro Blue
  • Sarge Green
  • Snazzberry
That list still contains Sarge; doesn’t show Gecko, Nacho or Chief.

The new list of paint colors should come into effect in Q4; late October at the latest, for JLs that will be hitting dealer lots in the new year.

Sarge didn’t start appearing on dealer lots until late December.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I voted for Firecracker Red. That's what I chose for my 2021 order. Having seen that color in the sun on a neighbor's rig, it's fair to say that FCA/Stellantis got it right. Then again, as a vehicle paint choice, red is eternal.

I do wish that Ocean Blue would have been available, though. Some colors are truly classic and need not fall off of the order sheet. Ocean Blue is one such color. Hydro Blue, and particularly Chief, fail to impress.

The foregoing is a matter of personal taste, of course.

Last edited:

AuroraStanley

First Name
Aurora
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys & a 2016 Kawasaki Ninja.
So now I'm slightly confused.. I ordered a 2021 in Sting Gray on 8/22. If I remember correctly, they told me that Ocean Blue was no longer an option. Tried really hard to talk me into Snazzberry, but I refused.. (slightly regret that decision, maybe..) If Sarge is still available for orders even though it's not technically a 2021 color, should Ocean Blue also have been an option?

I love the forum but I've gotta stop torturing myself with these threads... I'm already tempted to refuse delivery & reorder since they didn't tell me about the trial cam... :facepalm::LOL:

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
So now I'm slightly confused.. I ordered a 2021 in Sting Gray on 8/22. If I remember correctly, they told me that Ocean Blue was no longer an option. Tried really hard to talk me into Snazzberry, but I refused.. (slightly regret that decision, maybe..) If Sarge is still available for orders even though it's not technically a 2021 color, should Ocean Blue also have been an option?

I love the forum but I've gotta stop torturing myself with these threads... I'm already tempted to refuse delivery & reorder since they didn't tell me about the trial cam... :facepalm::LOL:
The colors will come and go at different times. As I understand it, the factory only has capacity to run so many colors at the same time. So you will see one color go away in order for the line to be switched over to the new color. When exactly they go away I'm not sure how they decide, but I think they'll just use up whatever paint they have in stock so they don't waste it.

You'll also sometimes see in the order guide when a color is about to go away because options for hard top and/or body-colored fender flares will go away. For example, HellaYella has only been available with the black hard top for quite a while now. I wouldn't be surprised for HellaYella to go away for them to make the line available for Nacho.

daboink

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Wrangler JL 3.6
Occupation
Design/Builder
I always thought that with the history of Jeep it should always have a subtle green to ride in harmony with nature through the woods. Truth be told, I honor my Dad with a silver; he said that it would not get as hot as other colors. That was from a different era without metal flake! Even the colors that I usually don't like grow on me when being worn by a Wrangler!

AuroraStanley

First Name
Aurora
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys & a 2016 Kawasaki Ninja.
The colors will come and go at different times. As I understand it, the factory only has capacity to run so many colors at the same time. So you will see one color go away in order for the line to be switched over to the new color. When exactly they go away I'm not sure how they decide, but I think they'll just use up whatever paint they have in stock so they don't waste it.

You'll also sometimes see in the order guide when a color is about to go away because options for hard top and/or body-colored fender flares will go away. For example, HellaYella has only been available with the black hard top for quite a while now. I wouldn't be surprised for HellaYella to go away for them to make the line available for Nacho.
Thank you for clarifying! I hadn't thought about it, but when you put it like that it makes perfect sense. Still bummed about Ocean Blue though... such a gorgeous color. I like the others well enough, I suppose.. but I came out of a Grabber Blue (very similar to Chief) Mustang & I kinda wanted to get away from bright/flashy colors for a while. Plus, everybody in town knew my car from a mile away, & I'm okay with that not necessarily being the case anymore. Lol. & anyway I've always loved monotone paint & really wanted Gobi to become an option on the JL.. since it hasn't, Sting Gray it is.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
They should bring back Anvil. That's probably my all time favorite. I voted for Hydro Blue because my YJ was close to that color. But It'd be hard not to order red again if I were getting another today.

adeverikos

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
DOD
I don’t see “Sarge Green”. Hope it’s available.... as it’s the color I ordered in my Rubi. No wonder the build is taking so long :)
I also ordered a sarge green rubicon eco-diesel. Ordered it on the 19th of this month
Sponsored