Sponsored

Poll: How many of you are going to pay for SiriusXM after the free trial?

Poll: How many of you are going to pay for SiriusXM after the free trial?

• Total voters

Phredog

First Name
Phred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Yes, I knew about it, just took delivery of my JLUR. I called them to cancel service on the trade and get a refund for my remaining months. They are not known for their customer service so they asked me probably 4 times for my new vehicle info which I refused to give. In the end I’ll be getting the prorated refund. In a year I’ll call and ask for $5 a month again and I’ll get we’ll see then.

I fully expect to now get an onslaught of phone calls from their sales department as that is what happened when I cancelled service for a few months many years ago. They were calling 2-3 times a day, it was insane.
You can email them and asked to be put on the "do not contact" but I later learned that doing so is not very effective. I logged on and set all communication preferences to "do not contact", and then I changed the name, address, email, and phone to fake info.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tfom

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
First experience with XM and I'm not impressed. Maybe I'm picky but the music from genres I like is not very good on XM. I usually flip through and find nothing. I like to do storm photography, so I thought the weather link would be nice to have the radar available. But every time there's a warning for the county, the overlay covers up the radar so it isn't visible.

I try not to post negative stuff on the forum, I think there's too much whining on here. I'm just wondering if I'm missing something. I can't see renewing.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I won't. Their sound quality is too MUFFLED for me. Lacks PUNCH.

Phredog

First Name
Phred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I was driving this morning. The alert popped up (alerts are disabled on my iPhone, so that is not how it happened). Somehow the radio received the alert without the antenna connected (yellow connector). I switched the radio to SXM, and the preview channel was there. How it came back is a mystery. The diagnostic menu says, "poor signal, check antenna".

Knowing that they can cause a message to pop up anytime, on my Uconnect screen makes me feel uncomfortable (it is a PTSD thing). Evidently they can do that despite the fact that my "account" show NO radio. I would like them to remove my VIN from their database.

Any suggestions how to make SXM gone forever. I have a "less than healthy" relationship with them.

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
How many of you are going to pay for SiriusXM after the free trial? Feel free to post your reason(s).
Not me. Had it free for one year in each of my two JKs and never used it. I don't use it on my JL either. I play local stations or Spotify.

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
First experience with XM and I'm not impressed. Maybe I'm picky but the music from genres I like is not very good on XM. I usually flip through and find nothing. I like to do storm photography, so I thought the weather link would be nice to have the radar available. But every time there's a warning for the county, the overlay covers up the radar so it isn't visible.

I try not to post negative stuff on the forum, I think there's too much whining on here. I'm just wondering if I'm missing something. I can't see renewing.
You can add your favorite band/song when they play and it will alert you when they’re on another channel. The XM radio becomes a live jukebox when you add enough of your favorites. Also, in the travel link app you can setup how the weather RADAR works. Just use the filters to get the screen to display correctly.

Tfom

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
You can add your favorite band/song when they play and it will alert you when they’re on another channel. The XM radio becomes a live jukebox when you add enough of your favorites. Also, in the travel link app you can setup how the weather RADAR works. Just use the filters to get the screen to display correctly.
I messed around with the radar but can't seem to turn off the warning overlays. I may look into it. I haven't played the radio part in weeks now. I know about the favorite artist feature, but honestly I have Amazon music. It's cheaper and more versatile.

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
Only, If I can get it as discounted rate to approximate what a typical streaming service will cost.

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, WR250R, JLU Rubicon
Never enabled the trial but I don't see why I would.

With Android Auto I can have all my music (Spotify), news (npr one), books (audible) and my podcasts (pocketcasts).

Plus, coverage disappears somewhere in Mexico.

With 20k miles on my JL it works great.

Phredog

First Name
Phred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Never enabled the trial but I don't see why I would.
How did you get so lucky? I was not given a choice to not "enable the trial". The dealer handed my name and address over to SXM as though they had some right to do so. I have challenged them on that subject and they refuse to return my calls, or emails. I wrote a post to SXM demanding that they remove my name and VIN from their system. They refuse to comply.

I was not told about SXM. I looked though every word of my purchase agreement. There is not one word about SXM. There was nothing on the window sticker. I did not know it came built into cars. How could I know this. I have been living in Asia for most of the last ten years.

My brother bought a new Chevrolet. He was not given a choice either. The dealer just handed over his info to SXM as if it was something they have a right to do.

I have challenged several companies on this subject, including Great Lakes Credit Union. The credit union said that they have a contract with some insurance company and therefore must hand over all new members name, address, and phone number. They can never explain why that contract gets priority over my privacy. When I contacted the insurance company, They said they cannot purge my name permanently because of the patriot act. I say bull crap. The Patriot Act has nothing to do with it. Since when is my name, address, and phone number being stored in the database of some insurance company where I have never done business a mater of national security? This is not the first time I have had the Patriot Act falsely used as an excuse for bad business practices.

Sponsored

laraza2k1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4X4 2019 2 Door
I for years did the whole "just cancel my subscription at renewal time, to get better price" song and dance. The haggling gets old. What I do now is Sirius has a $8 month app and I just bluetooth to my system from my Android phone. Though not as convenient as dash operation, I can listen in any vehicle or anywhere I choose.

javelina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB "Saharacon", 2006 Wrangler TJ, 2018 F-150 RCSB 4x4
Nope, gonna drop it at the end of the trial. If they would give the aggressive pricing that you have to d*ck with them at the renewal time as a constant price, it might be different. But hate having to play their stupid games....

mark203

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys XR
Clubs

I've never turned it on at all - mostly because of their business practices reputation.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
How did you get so lucky? I was not given a choice to not "enable the trial". The dealer handed my name and address over to SXM as though they had some right to do so. I have challenged them on that subject and they refuse to return my calls, or emails. I wrote a post to SXM demanding that they remove my name and VIN from their system. They refuse to comply.

I was not told about SXM. I looked though every word of my purchase agreement. There is not one word about SXM. There was nothing on the window sticker. I did not know it came built into cars. How could I know this. I have been living in Asia for most of the last ten years.

My brother bought a new Chevrolet. He was not given a choice either. The dealer just handed over his info to SXM as if it was something they have a right to do.

I have challenged several companies on this subject, including Great Lakes Credit Union. The credit union said that they have a contract with some insurance company and therefore must hand over all new members name, address, and phone number. They can never explain why that contract gets priority over my privacy. When I contacted the insurance company, They said they cannot purge my name permanently because of the patriot act. I say bull crap. The Patriot Act has nothing to do with it. Since when is my name, address, and phone number being stored in the database of some insurance company where I have never done business a mater of national security? This is not the first time I have had the Patriot Act falsely used as an excuse for bad business practices.
After reading the tag at the end of your post, I think the world would agree with you on that $250 you spent...

sandygar4

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
I don't mind the music channels. I can not stand the "on air personalities" Uncle Brucy, Stormy something, etc endless streams of mindless dribble. All I need to know I can read on the screen. The local over the air stations have more uninterrupted music. Maybe if they got rid of all the chatter they wouldn't have to charge so much for the service. I won't sign up after the free period is over if they stay in their current format.
Sponsored