Sponsored

Poll: How many of you are going to pay for SiriusXM after the free trial?

Poll: How many of you are going to pay for SiriusXM after the free trial?

• Total voters

Blown7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Hellcat powered CJ7..... 2007 Jeep SRT8...2018 Trackhawk
Way back in 2007 I got it with a new SRT8 I chose the lifetime option for $500.

Stiil use it on my new Jeep Trackhawk today.

I'm going to will it when I die....

To bad they don't offer it anymore.
Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
I don't mind the music channels. I can not stand the "on air personalities" Uncle Brucy, Stormy something, etc endless streams of mindless dribble. All I need to know I can read on the screen. The local over the air stations have more uninterrupted music. Maybe if they got rid of all the chatter they wouldn't have to charge so much for the service. I won't sign up after the free period is over if they stay in their current format.
They do offer a music only plan for about $5/month.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I dislike the business practices of SiriusXM and will definitely not renew. The majority of listening in any of my vehicles is podcasts and Amazon Music Unlimited.
podcast ...ever listen to Hardcore History?

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I will not be renewing. Didn't read the whole thread, so maybe I', repeating other's thoughts, but my reasons are:

1. Too expensive for what it is, and I don't feel like playing the "wait until they give me a good offer" game
2. I don't like the DJs - I have no need for chatter between songs, I just want to listen to music
3. Way too much Tool and RATM on the stations I like
4. Pandora has spoiled me - I like creating my own stations and I have several that are unlike anything on XM (ex: Kingston Trio)
5. Sound quality seems hit or miss to me

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Too expensive and I can stream my lists from other providers. Every auto manufacturer would provide 12 months free service until I bought the Wrangler with the measly 3 months. Maybe FCA had to cut back an expenses since they seem to be adding an extra quart of oil to every "free" JL oil change.

Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Might do the 6mo for $30 or some sort of deal like that when they come crawling back to me.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Too expensive and I can stream my lists from other providers. Every auto manufacturer would provide 12 months free service until I bought the Wrangler with the measly 3 months. Maybe FCA had to cut back an expenses since they seem to be adding an extra quart of oil to every "free" JL oil change.
Mine was for 12 months

UtahDirt

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punk'n Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
My 18 JLU had the free one year on window sticker, The timing was great my one year plus free Echo Dot promo ends in August. Since SXM bought Pandora I prefer using the SXM app, far more channels and on demand shows.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I've been paying for it and enjoying it ever since the trial. It's only 5 bucks a month. I mainly listen to The Message, all the country stations, the Bluegrass station, Yaght Rock (Love that one!) and the Billy Graham channel.

I love it when on big trips, especially long ones.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
We all have different needs..

SiriusXM is not one of mine.

Sponsored

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
Sorry but couldn't take the poll. My Sport S came with the lamest of radios (the UConnect 3) with zero satellite capability, so I have had no free trial.

Living and wheeling in Colorado with almost impossible line-of-site (LOS) coverage to any cell towers anywhere except around the urban centers, thus making this radio absolutely useless even with a bluetooth connected cell-phone. All terrestrial stations and internet options like Spotify, iHeart, etc. are totally unavailable in most locations within my state.

So I have invested in the VAIS Tech GSR-FC02 Satellite interface kit which integrates SiriusXM directly into the UConnect 3 via USB. The GSR unit allows me to select and use up to 36 SiriusXM preset channels via my steering wheel switches or radio faceplate. The best thing about this kit is that it keeps my cockpit clean completely eliminating the need for gluing on some additional goofy SiriusXM head-unit somewhere on my dash. The GSR is mounted behind the dash next to the radio itself.

So I had to research, install and subscribe to all of this with zero help from either the factory or the dealership. In fact the dealership refused to help me whatsoever in coming up with any satellite solution.

So for all you Jeepers planning on visiting and wheeling here in CO without a satellite solution, prepare to go without music unless you bring along an iPod or some other self contained music box. Your fancy UConnect 4 or Alpine radios will be nearly useless! The only option to reliably receive any signal out in our mountains and vast wilderness areas must come from a geosynchronous orbit 22,236 miles high overhead.

Hope this helps you make a more informed decision. I wish I had some free trial period.

Jay

Orangecrush9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys JLU
50/50 on it. No particular need, but I've gone through the dog and pony show with SiriusXM before and unsure if I want to be in the perpetual "threatening to cancel" just so I can keep getting it at a reasonable monthly rate. The standard monthly of $20+ is comical in 2021 with the plethora of options out there. Guess they need to pay Stern somehow...

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yes I think I've paid $70 for a year and so far I've done it 2 years in a row. I like that it never has static unlike fm radio does sometimes

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
50/50 on it. No particular need, but I've gone through the dog and pony show with SiriusXM before and unsure if I want to be in the perpetual "threatening to cancel" just so I can keep getting it at a reasonable monthly rate. The standard monthly of $20+ is comical in 2021 with the plethora of options out there. Guess they need to pay Stern somehow...
Lol, yeah, I play that once a year. But it works out to just $5 a month. Not terrible. And worth the 15 minute or so phone call. If it were even $7 a month, I'd ditch it.

Another great channel, btw, is Red White and Booze.
Sponsored