Sponsored

Poll: How important is a shovel in your 4 wheeling recovery arsenal?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I now carry a Cold Steel shovel. Why because a Cold Steel Great Sword is to obvious to Law Enforcement.

I just had to have one of these! Got it yesterday. It is a very sturdy little shovel and the edges came already very sharp! Awesome video!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I just had to have one of these! Got it yesterday. It is a very sturdy little shovel and the edges came already very sharp! Awesome video!
And it is not obvious as a weapon. Cops might get a little nervous if you had this in the Jeep.

Note, my youngest son bought the oldest son one of these for Christmas years ago. My oldest was like wtf, It is razor sharp. It is funny because his wife complains about it. Like what do I do with this big ass sword. My son is like, if someone breaks into the house he is pulling out the Great Sword while naked and Saying "Wrong house MF..." Nobody wants to fight a naked man with a great sword.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
And it is not obvious as a weapon. Cops might get a little nervous if you had this in the Jeep.

Note, my youngest son bought the oldest son one of these for Christmas years ago. My oldest was like wtf, It is razor sharp. It is funny because his wife complains about it. Like what do I do with this big ass sword. My son is like, if someone breaks into the house he is pulling out the Great Sword while naked and Saying "Wrong house MF..." Nobody wants to fight a naked man with a great sword.

I like subtlety like that. I am a middle school administrator and I keep a baseball bat in my office that was autographed by one of our successful teams. Of course, it is a nice decoration to have if we were to have an intruder. Lol! I could use that shovel for a ground breaking ceremony for a project or something, then hang it on a wall. ;) Next to the bat, of course!

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Don’t even need to be wheeling to use a shovel when snow plows push all the snow against our parallel parked cars every year for us peasant city folks. Maybe this year I can just drive over everything now that I have a wrangler

Last edited:

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I used to carry one of the little shovels in my trucks/jeeps...until i got stuck and realized they were useless in mud. Then i switched to a full-sized shovel. I've never successfully recovered using only a shovel, but they come in handy nevertheless. I have always relied on a trusty winch and they've never let me down.

If i lived outside of the South, I may need to re-evaluate. But that's not going to happen because the South is the greatest place on earth, as Jesus intended it to be.

JLJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2021 2-Door
Occupation
Retired
Can’t get my head around the debate. Cheep insurance. Sometimes there isn’t an attachment point to be able to use a winch.
Get the shovel :)

JLJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2021 2-Door
Occupation
Retired
I like it. Can be used for a multitude of things. Especially when there are miscreants around :)

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Can’t get my head around the debate. Cheep insurance. Sometimes there isn’t an attachment point to be able to use a winch.
Get the shovel :)
Plus with a shovel, you can dig a hole, to bury the spare as an anchor point if needed.