Did TSB 08-074-20 fixed your Steering Issues

• Total voters

Harrybeerbelly

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 High Altitude Diesel
lol wow! How does it drive? :)
I voted it solved my problem. The new box is a night and day improvement over the old one. I just completed a 2000 mile road trip and it preformed very well. This diesel just glides down the interstate at 90MPH. It is not perfect as it still has some trouble tracking on narrow back roads. But still MUCH better than the old box. A huge improvement.

I can confirm that I did have the aluminum box as original. I can also confirm that my dealer changed it to the cast iron box with the 68507569AA part number on it. It definitely fits and improves the steering significantly.

My concern now is why FCA say it will not work. Is there a safety issue?

Advertisement

stylett9

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ80, JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
Drove about 250 miles over the weekend on the new box in my 2020 JLUR manufactured Feb 2020.
I do believe the box helped and is a good change. It doesn't make the jeep steering perfect, as in it's not going to feel like a sports car or even a luxury SUV for that matter. You still have to make adjustments on a fairly regular basis, however the adjustments needed are much smaller, the vehicle overall does show improvement in tracking, and driving 1 handed on the freeway is now relatively stress free. Before I felt pretty strongly you needed 2 hands on the wheel at highway speeds. also quick looks at your radio to change your music or inputs are less likely to result in potentially leaving your lane for that 1-2 seconds your eyes leave the road.

Dusty

First Name
Russ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
My TSB was done last week. On my 3-mile drive home, it seemed better or different. I went for a 50-mile drive yesterday and found the 1-2" dead spot was still there, and had a couple of odd leftward turns. It was sort of like the alignment just sort of changed then went back. Either way, this Jeep is not like anything I've ever driven (have owned 35 cars so far... 7 Jeeps including 2 CJs)

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport (Mojito!, 3-piece hardtop, automatic 3.6L, molded running boards); '18 Kawasaki Ninja 400 KRT
Vehicle Showcase
The latest TSB states the box will not fit the diesel. See attached TSB. But yet mine had one installed.

gear.jpg
I voted it solved my problem. The new box is a night and day improvement over the old one. I just completed a 2000 mile road trip and it preformed very well. This diesel just glides down the interstate at 90MPH. It is not perfect as it still has some trouble tracking on narrow back roads. But still MUCH better than the old box. A huge improvement.

I can confirm that I did have the aluminum box as original. I can also confirm that my dealer changed it to the cast iron box with the 68507569AA part number on it. It definitely fits and improves the steering significantly.

My concern now is why FCA say it will not work. Is there a safety issue?
@Ruby Mike FYI! This!

JaxPilot

First Name
Paul
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito! Sahara 2.0L Turbo
100% fixed, less than 24 hours at the dealership, no hassle, no haggle!

Advertisement

Motor City Aftermarket

Advertisement