Sponsored

POLL: Anyone buy a MOAB and later wish they bought a Rubicon?

Did you buy a MOAB and later wish you bought a Rubicon?

• Total voters

deweysjeep

First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Self-explanatory. Yes, I know the Rubicon is the very pinnacle of jeeper existence. I just happen to like them both. Please do not weigh in on the overdone MOAB vs. Rubicon discussions. I think that's been hammered enough.

I'm just wondering if anyone bought a MOAB and then regretted not getting the Rubicon. Conversely, have MOAB purchasers been so happy with their choice that they never looked back.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Bricazo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Self-explanatory. Yes, I know the Rubicon is the very pinnacle of jeeper existence. I just happen to like them both. Please do not weigh in on the overdone MOAB vs. Rubicon discussions. I think that's been hammered enough.

I'm just wondering if anyone bought a MOAB and then regretted not getting the Rubicon. Conversely, have MOAB purchasers been so happy with their choice that they never looked back.
I got a Moab last month and love it! The only thing I regret not doing was switching out the (MT) tire at the dealer. I switched mine out after but if that is not a problem for you then no regrets!

Sponsored

srt20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
We bought a Rubicon because;
It was a better deal
I like the 4.10 gears better.

If we would have gotten a better deal on a Moab, we probably would have bought that. Though my wife slightly preferred the red stitching on the Rubicon seats. (Its her Jeep, not mine)

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB / Black & Tan
We ended up getting a MOAB over the Rubicon last month. Biggest deal breakers for us was the red interior/stitching of the Rubicon, and was $4.5K more expensive with comparible options.

The wife liked the Selec-trac's "set-it & forget" 4x4 mode, and is what we keep our MOAB set to. Inside finish is more luxurious; important for us since the MOAB is a daily driver, family vehicle, and we dont plan to go on hardcore trails since we need the Jeep to be 100% dependable for the kids.

At the end of the day, the MOAB fit our bill as an everyday luxurious family SUV. For me, I love the aggressive look of the MOAB from the outside and the wife is extremely happy with how comfortable the MOAB makes her feel while inside.

Yes, we could have bought a Rubicon but we are extremely happy with the MOAB.

Despite what haters may say, if we so choose to, we know our MOAB can do what a Rubicon can 90%+ of the time. To each their own.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
If the Moab would have been an option when I ordered my Sahara I would have jumped on it. No question for me. If I was ordering today, it would be a Moab. I didn't vote since I don't have one, but the Moab is far more appealing to me than a Rubicon. Nothing against the Rubi, just not what I want.

shannond12

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab

OP - why the poll? are you trying to decide and dont want to regret the decision? Just get what you want and wheel the heck out of it, or daily drive or mall crawl it. Doesn't matter - tons of reasons to go either way. I like them both as well, but MOAB just worked better for us.

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
If the Moab would have been an option when I ordered my Sahara I would have jumped on it. No question for me. If I was ordering today, it would be a Moab. I didn't vote since I don't have one, but the Moab is far more appealing to me than a Sahara. Nothing against the Sahara, just not what I want.
There...fixed it for you...
Sponsored