Sponsored

POLL: Any bets on when first 4xe will be delivered to a customer?

When will we get first confirmed delivery to a customer?

• Total voters
OP
OP

greensprit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, 4xe on order
Agreed. Something seems very fishy... you would think the auto magazines would have had test vehicles to write up their articles. maybe Jeep did give them but the publishers are held on embargo until Jeep gives them the go ahead once deliveries start. The fact that the EPA still hasn't rated the 4xe yet is very suspect - especially since they rated the new 392 weeks ago and that is slated for "spring '21" with no real pricing yet. Something is wrong with the 4xes and Jeep needs to come clean on what is going on.

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
... Something is wrong with the 4xes and Jeep needs to come clean on what is going on.
Something hinky is up for sure, most of the popular youtubers will post teaser videos saying that they 'are going to have a review of XYZ' when you view them, they go over the allready-released info, and report that they have been testing one & will release as soon as the media embargo is lifted. But there isn't Jack nor Squat on the innerwebnets on the 4xe except several-month-old info. Uber-Strange.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Agreed. Something seems very fishy... you would think the auto magazines would have had test vehicles to write up their articles. maybe Jeep did give them but the publishers are held on embargo until Jeep gives them the go ahead once deliveries start. The fact that the EPA still hasn't rated the 4xe yet is very suspect - especially since they rated the new 392 weeks ago and that is slated for "spring '21" with no real pricing yet. Something is wrong with the 4xes and Jeep needs to come clean on what is going on.
EPA ratings on a PHEV is way more complicated than doing a ICE.

Sponsored

360linux

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon
I ordered my 1/30/21 and just found out yesterday my 4xe Rubicon is in D1 status with an estimated ship date to the dealership of 3/8/21.

Sarpeth

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I ordered my Jeep Rubicon 4xe on 2/4/21 currently awaiting the build stage showing all parts are ready. This is according o the Chat feature on My Mopar site. Tried to add the VIN to my garage though and did not find.

Skeethree

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe, 2022 Rav4 Prime, 2020 Highlande Hybrid
Occupation
Architect
I ordered my Jeep Rubicon 4xe on 2/4/21 currently awaiting the build stage showing all parts are ready. This is according o the Chat feature on My Mopar site. Tried to add the VIN to my garage though and did not find.
So another day, another week, another month goes by. Still zero 4xe’s delivered, none on dealer’s floors, no reviews in any magazines or papers. None seen on the road.

Anyone want to guess what Jeep will say to all of us on April 1st?

Sarpeth

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
So another day, another week, another month goes by. Still zero 4xe’s delivered, none on dealer’s floors, no reviews in any magazines or papers. None seen on the road.

Anyone want to guess what Jeep will say to all of us on April 1st?
Agreed Very strange no posts just the same old vids regurgitated over and over again. Seems like a cover up, the Jeep is so good that once released they will be overloaded with orders, or it is a massive failure? Shall we do a Poll?

Skeethree

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe, 2022 Rav4 Prime, 2020 Highlande Hybrid
Occupation
Architect
Agreed Very strange no posts just the same old vids regurgitated over and over again. Seems like a cover up, the Jeep is so good that once released they will be overloaded with orders, or it is a massive failure? Shall we do a Poll?
So maybe it’s not an April Fools joke after all. I just read an article about how all auto manufacturers are experiencing a semiconductor/chip shortage. Some have had to halt assembly lines. I’m sure the 4xe will have more of them than the average vehicle. Then again, on the list of Stellantis’ vehicles with chip shortages, the Wrangler was the only vehicle not mentioned. Mine was allegedly manufactured 3 days ago, perhaps to soon join the others in a black hole somewhere in middle America.

Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
It’s hard to feel sorry for Ford with their supposed “supplier issues” caused by COVID (Bronco delays) when jeep is about to deliver the 4xE. I’m happy for y’all, hope you enjoy the jeep! :like:
I'm sure I'm not the only one here who got tired of waiting and canceled their Bronco reservation to get a Jeep.

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I'm sure I'm not the only one here who got tired of waiting and canceled their Bronco reservation to get a Jeep.
I still have a day one reservation, but ordered the 4xe as soon as the surprisingly-cheap pricing was announced. Haven't canceled the Bronco reservation yet, because Ford's stupid system conveniently refunds your reservation fee (but holds the reservation) if you ever switch dealers.

The plan was to see my 4xe before the Bronco order conversion cutoff, and decide if I need to go right back to my 2-door Bronco build. Now it's looking like I'll miss that cutoff on the Bronco, so I'm likely locked in to my 4xe. Chances are I'll end up passing over this generation's Bronco entirely, in favor of the next-gen 4Runner/FJ/LC, if and when it finally arrives.

Frankly, I still want the Bronco more than I want the 4xe. It's going to force some die-hard Jeep fanatics (which I'm not) to have a pretty hilarious wake-up call (though most here will stay in denial, I'm sure). That said, I find Ford's marketing ridiculously deceptive and upsetting. All the souped-up early models with options/accessories that'll never actually be offered, the exaggerated proportions/stances on all their renders, the constant switches on what's actually available now/later/never. Again, I am not that "Jeep guy" at all, but at least Jeep shows renders that are representative of the actual vehicles they're selling, and doesn't masquerade early examples with a ton of added aftermarket parts/modifications in order to drum up hype.

Last edited:

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
I still have a day one reservation, but ordered the 4xe as soon as the surprisingly-cheap pricing was announced. Haven't canceled the Bronco reservation yet, because Ford's stupid system conveniently refunds your reservation fee (but holds the reservation) if you ever switch dealers.

The plan was to see my 4xe before the Bronco order conversion cutoff, and decide if I need to go right back to my 2-door Bronco build. Now it's looking like I'll miss that cutoff on the Bronco, so I'm likely locked in to my 4xe. Chances are I'll end up passing over this generation's Bronco entirely, in favor of the next-gen 4Runner/FJ/LC, if and when it finally arrives.

Frankly, I still want the Bronco more than I want the 4xe. It's going to force some die-hard Jeep fanatics (which I'm not) to have a pretty hilarious wake-up call (though most here will stay in denial, I'm sure). That said, I find Ford's marketing ridiculously deceptive and upsetting. All the souped-up early models with options/accessories that'll never actually be offered, the exaggerated proportions/stances on all their renders, the constant switches on what's actually available now/later/never. Again, I am not that "Jeep guy" at all, but at least Jeep shows renders that are more representative the actual vehicles they're selling, and doesn't masquerade early examples with a ton of added aftermarket parts/modifications in order to drum up hype.
I'm a die-hard Jeep guy, but I'll eventually buy a 2-door Bronco in the next Gen as you said as long as it has a decent engine. That's Jeeps biggest fault right now: no good engines offered in 2-door. Hey JTE marketing guys: we know there's no room in the 2-door and don't care if you take up a few more cubic feet of cargo space to put in the good stuff!

JHTS

First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband