POLL: (3.6L Muffler Delete) to drone or not to drone...that is the question

Does your muffler delete cause your 3.6L JL/JLU to drone at any RPM range?

• Total voters

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
**Please cast your vote in the poll at the top of this thread**

There are many conflicting opinions and conflicting results on this forum about whether or not adding a muffler delete pipe to their 3.6L JL/JLU will cause their Jeep to drone especially at freeway speeds. I would like to survey the results of actual Jeep owners that have first hand experience with their muffler delete pipe installed on their 3.6L JL or JLU. I'm looking for results using the stock un-altered resonator with any brand of muffler delete pipe. (no additional mufflers/resonators/exhaust tips added)
Advertisement

Last edited:

Anonymous

First Name
T
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JLUR
AFE delete. If I recall it droned around the 2300-2500 rpm range. I put back on the stock muffler as it was too much for the wife and kids. Maybe when top off weather returns so will the delete.

OP
OP
Combat Chuck

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
AFE delete. If I recall it droned around the 2300-2500 rpm range. I put back on the stock muffler as it was too much for the wife and kids. Maybe when top off weather returns so will the delete.
Anonymous, if not done so, can you cast your vote in the poll at the top of this thread? Thanks!

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely interested in seeing the results over time as this may be the first mod I do to my jeep. When I look at the muffler it annoys me... it’s just this giant ugly trash can looking thing that strikes me as a complete waste of space.

stino

First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Definitely interested in seeing the results over time as this may be the first mod I do to my jeep. When I look at the muffler it annoys me... it’s just this giant ugly trash can looking thing that strikes me as a complete waste of space.
Just take off the muffle and drive around for a little bit. Free to test. Thats what I did for 15mins or so.

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Vote cast. Tried the delete on my JLUR - too droney for me and I've had multiple loud muscle cars.

I've got a Borla Climber Touring on the way which should be much better.

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ-5, 2018 JL Rubicon red leather pst steel tow keyless remote painted flares auto 1-24-18
Vehicle Showcase

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Had the Dynomax Delete on my 2dr for over a year, has a bit of drone, not too harsh though. Recently got the Magnaflow Street-Series Dual pipe setup. I love the look of the new Magnaflow and excellent quality. I miss some of the volume at WOT w/ the Dynomax, but the overall tone throughout all rpms is very good w/ the Magnaflow, not too loud overall but just a good deeper tone, very easy to live with :) And even though the Magnaflow takes back some of that open space in the back it still tucks up pretty well IMO.

IMG_0571.JPG
IMG_0572.JPG

Last edited:

jlopes68

First Name
john
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Vote cast. Tried the delete on my JLUR - too droney for me and I've had multiple loud muscle cars.

I've got a Borla Climber Touring on the way which should be much better.
I’ve been super pleased with it, no drone and sounds better than a delete when you jump on the throttle.

Greenjeepthing

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport Mojito
Occupation
Retired Automotive Service Manager
I deleted resonator and installed Flowmaster. No drone, nice sound on harder accelerations.

Advertisement

Mac Haik CDJR Georgetown

Advertisement