Poll: 2 or 4 door Jeep

Which do you prefer 2 or 4 door Jeep?

• Total voters

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Owned 2 four doors and several two doors. (See below)
Two doors all the way.
Sponsored

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
I have a 2 door. Really I have two, 2 door jeeps.

Why? Because I am not a soccer mom. If I were a soccer mom, I would drive a minivan like other soccer moms.

I have 2 door jeeps to go anywhere. I have a truck if I need to haul something. I have a Town Car to ride in comfort. I have a motorcycle for ultimate freedom.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
My issue is with usability and purpose! A 4-door is perfect for off-roading, camping, overlanding, long destination trips and exploration trips where gear is required! A 4-door is the jack of all trades, master of all!
I do, and have done all of this with a 2 door.

But I agree. 4 doors are as much real jeeps as 2 doors, and man they are practical beasts!!!. The wrangler unlimited is an exceptional vehicle. Probably the best jeep ever made (sorry purists!)

But 2 doors are sooo much fuuun.

Zukoda

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Four door simply for the towing capacity - have a boat that comes in at approx 2700 lbs and did not want to chance any liability issues pulling it with a two door.

Sponsored

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6

PALIDN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2009 Chevy Corvette
It is just a matter of what you want or need. My JLU Sport S is my daily driver. When Jeeps were only two door, I was never interested. But I have loved the four door and bought my first in 2012. Just a whole lot more practical for me. And they do out sell the two door.

Raz65

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
I was really surprised to see the 2 door ahead in the poll given that the 4 door vastly outsells the 2 door. Kudos to the 4 door owners for their honesty and apparent 2 door envy.

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
While the 4dr is definitely more practical for most, I'm a fan of the 2dr and that's what I'll be getting soon. My kids are grown, gone and have brats of their own now. So it's just the wife and I. We both prefer the looks of the 2dr, so that's the way we'll go.

We have a 4dr Renegade if we need easy access to the back seat.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
People with no kids, no more than 1 friend, that never wheel steep off camber climbs, and that never need to bring along anything more than a sandwich and a six pack can stick with the 2 door. Every 2 door I've ever wheeled with, including the one we owned was either flopped on a steep climb or the wheelbase was stretched (or both). Not only is the 4 door much more stable on steep climbs, but we've been able to introduce multiple friends to the hobby by taking them with us. Packing camping gear for a week, plus recovery gear and tools is a breeze in the 4 door. The wheelbase also makes the jlu ride much smoother on rough roads, be that CA's terrible paved roads or whoops out in the desert. The belly drags far more often, but that's what the skids are for. I've watched tj's flop on the same lines our 4 door didn't even lift a tire. I'd rather drag my jeep over a big obstacle than tip it over any day.
IMG_20200828_115408_366.jpg

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Can we add an option for 2-door but not a JL? I love 2-doors, but the 2-door JL proportions are just weird to me and I can't get over it. I once saw someone say it's as wide as it is long which makes it look weird, and obviously that's an exaggeration, but yea... it just looks...stubby to me. YJ or TJ, though, heck yea.
Sponsored