Poll: 2 or 4 door Jeep

Which do you prefer 2 or 4 door Jeep?

• Total voters

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Try putting a 300 lb razorback and two hog dogs in the back of yer two door Tonka Truck and tell me how that works out for ya.

Am I highlighting the ridiculousness of this thread yet?
Have Pythons made it up to your neighborhood yet ?. Maybe they just stay in the moisture of the Everglades. Hopefully.
Sponsored

Last edited:

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 YJ, ā€˜21 JLR, ā€˜22 JLUR XR, ā€˜23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
So much easier hitting Cheesecake Factory with the fam in a four door mall crawler! :puke:

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Have Pythons made it up to your neighborhood yet ?. Maybe they just stay in the moisture of the Everglades. Hopefully.
Theyā€™ve been found north and east of here. Iā€™m an old snake hunter and reptile showman (a job I had before joining the military), and Iā€™m keeping an eye out for them. Weā€™ve got plenty of other exotics around here, so itā€™s just a matter of time.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Theyā€™ve been found north and east of here. Iā€™m an old snake hunter and reptile showman (a job I had before joining the military), and Iā€™m keeping an eye out for them. Weā€™ve got plenty of other exotics around here, so itā€™s just a matter of time.
No telling how far they will go. Georgia, the Carolinas ? You dont want them eaten your dogs.!:facepalm:

Sponsored

Kytann

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Mustang
This isnt supposed to be a dig at anyone or the thread starter but idk why people ask everyone else's opinions and what the majority prefer. Just pick what you like. Weigh the pros and cons to each and how it applies to your situation. The majority might not be what's best for you.

Anyways, I really dont like the look of the 2 door, its too small for me, especially when its supposed to be a truck. I know some people say a 4 door isnt really a Jeep anymore but I absolutely love it.

Personally as someone who is torn between the 2-door and the 4-door, I value other peoples experiences.
I haven't ordered mine yet. But the choice between 2 and 4 door is the main reason I am holding off.

FirecrackerRubi

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker red Rubicon Unlimited
I've had 4 wranglers
06 TJ
09 JKUR
14 JKR
and now a 19 JLUR
Kids or no kids I much prefer the versatility and extra wheelbase of the 4 door Wranglers. They will out perform a 2 door on MOST trails due to the longer wheelbase. I cannot tell you how man times I've lifted the front tires WAY off the ground with a 2 door Jeep and then a 4 door or another longer rig follows me and has little to no issue. I don't know about ya'll but I'd rather rub my skids every so often than flip over on hills bc of the short wheelbase of a 2 door.

Plus you can carry MUCH more with a 4 door and tow more as well.

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
Two....Two door Jeeps. Its just me at home and if my boys are with me they can sit passenger and back seat. I am old school. Jeep used to be a niche vehicle...but when the 4 door JK was released Jeep sales sky rocketed ! Suddenly it was a mainstream vehicle for everyone...including soccer moms and mall crawlers. (nothing wrong with mall crawlers....the more jeeps that are purchased...the better the new models will be).

The 2 Door Jeep makes a statement: "Its mine", its not a family vehicle. I like the 4 Dr version, but having lived with 2 Dr Jeeps all my life, I have no use for two extra doors.
PLUS: 2 Dr Jeep turns on a dime.

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
Try putting a 300 lb razorback and two hog dogs in the back of yer two door Tonka Truck and tell me how that works out for ya.

Am I highlighting the ridiculousness of this thread yet?
That is what a trailer is for...plenty of room for your gator, your hog and your dogs...and still room for more. Plus if you don't need to haul anything...just disconnect the trailer and leave it next to the house.

JLJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2021 2-Door
Occupation
Retired
2 door. A 4 door is just a glorified station wagon

Sponsored

bullfrog3459

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Caliber (Sold), 2012 Black Dodge Journey, 2021 HellaYella Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
Network Administrator / Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
4 door here. Its the wifes new family vehicle, but basically she wanted to be able to haul and tow stuff plus still have something to hit the trails with. So for us, it worked out and checked both boxes.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Funny how the survey results donā€™t match actual sales mix of 80% 4-door / 20% 2-door.

Either a lot of 4-door owners would have preferred a 2-door, or disproportionately more 2-door owners bother to vote.

Digiwolf

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
It's a stupid poll not worth voting on. I'm not sure why this post came back from the dead either. Just some trolls stirring pot with their 2 door is real jeep crap.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Iā€™d like to have been able to buy a 2 door on the longer wheel base, like the old LJ. I doubt though there would be many takers if Jeep offered that. Or maybe there would be more sales if there was no short wheelbase option anymore.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Just IMO, 4 door for daily driving and 2 door for a weekend toy. I have kids so a 4 door is the only real option.
I have kids and they love the 2 door. Climbing in the back is easy.
That said, I understand the reasoning for both. I don't hate on the 4 doors, only manufacturers that offer 2 doors elsewhere and not the US market. Looking at you Volkswagen.
Sponsored